HOW TO: Install Phantom 4 firmware

Hi all

I just updated phantom 4. Following the instructions above I then trues to update the RC however no update appeared in the dji go app.
In the instructions it says not every firmware update has an update for the RC. Can someone tell me it this update has or hasn't got an update for the RC?
Thanks

Curios, I'm a Phantom 2 guy with a Phantom 4 now, in the RC assistant you could see the battery firmware and it would say up-to-date, is there a menu or selection in the RC Assistant to view that information.

Hi I just bought a Phantom 4 and am finding a few problems that I'm not having with my P3. Video has a bit of delay, I get the map flashing up while its taking pics, a compass error sometimes while its flying but normal when I take off and even had a ceiling limit on one flight that was about 10m up. So I decided to do the update of the firmware. It prompts me to do an upgrade and I follow the directions as above but it fails before the download percentage gets off 0%. I've restarted it a few times but get the same result each time. At present the P4 came with the following firmware 01.01.301 , the RC is 1.6.0 and the app which I downloaded when I bought the P4 is 2.8.1

Any suggestions how I can get past this failed update?

Thanks
Jase

It prompts me to do an upgrade and I follow the directions as above but it fails before the download percentage gets off 0%. I've restarted it a few times but get the same result each time.
What exactly do you see in DJI GO when it fails?

An "Upgrade failed" heading. Then it says "Update failed. Restart the aircraft and try again later." Then under that "Reason:" but shows no reason.

Try installing the firmware using DJI Assistant. You can download it from the Phantom 4 downloads page.

Ok so I downloaded the DJI Assistant. Once a run it a window pops up. There is a circular pic in the middle showing you to put the USB in your PC and pretty much no other info besides a log in button which I did and a phone and email button at the bottom which takes you to a DJI page. So I try and plug the USB lead from P4 aircraft and switch it on.... then I try switch the RC on. It shows a loading device icon at the bottom right of my PC screen but after 10min nothing happens and when I try stop my laptop seriously crashes. Is there an assistant for this DJI assistant program :D

Did you try a different USB cable?

Thanks it came right. I'll check that cable as at 92% a window popped up and said "camera disconnected" I closed the window and it stayed at 92% and while I was doing that it went to 100% and said "completed". Not really sure what happened but its the new cable that came with the rig. Thanks very much msinger for all your help, all seems ok but I will have to go fly it some time to do final check

My P4 will not upgrade. App only says RC required. Assistant sees P4, shows and downloads updates and fails at every attempt. I know it's communicating because I can do the "factory reset" and it completes. I'm on .28 on the craft.

thx

bob

According to DJI, you ought to be able to install using Assistant (on a PC...not on a Mac),but a lot of people have said they can't get it to work.

If your P4 is flying well at the moment, why not update after the festival ? (Or rush out to your computer store!)

Incorrect. I did the first drone update via the DJI GO App and all the rest have been via the Assistant app on my Mac. You have to install BOTH files that come with the Assistant package. One is the Assistant app and the other is the communications app that tells the drone to speak to the Mac. It works...

Is the current Controller firmware supposed to be 1.60?

Reactions: snowghost
What is the latest firmware on all the P4. My P4 says there is no updates required and mine is on 1.410 but I've heard there is a 1.5?? I'm still getting a delay on my video feed which I don't get on my P3 using the same device and Go app. I also cant review images and video that I have recorded as it kind of hangs and has split pics as you scroll through them. Any suggestions

Cheers Jase

I'm finally up to date. But the Phantom update failed once halfway through (using iPad mini 3). Second time it was fine. It might be because I forgot to update the Go app.

I updated my P4 yesterday to 1.2.503 using my tablet connected to to the P4 with the supplied cable and when I checked in the "about" section of the GO app it showed up as expected. Turned everything off, and then restarted...this time in the Go app it showed as Version Unknown.
Re-connected the P4 to my tablet, and using the "graduation hat" method brought up the Firmware Update page...it showed up as "Current Firmware Version 1.2.503" and also showed the "Refresh" option with the firmware 100% downloaded. Pushed the Refresh button, and it went through the upgrading procedure again. Re-connected the tablet to my RC and in the "about" section of the app it showed the correct firmware. Turned everything off and then back on, and it still showed the correct version. Problem solved I thought, and packed it all away.

Today when I went to fly the GO app was once again showing Version Unknown! But when I connect the P4 to my tablet and bring up the Update page, it shows current firmware as 1.2.503 and also has the "Refresh" option.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I need to do to get the version to remain constant in the GO app?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr