P3 Firmware HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

I still come back to this thread to remember all the steps correctly. Thanks a ton for this msinger.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: msinger
Should i install this last 1.8 firmware with extra battery attached also?

1.6 is the last firmware that contains a battery update. If you have 1.6 or 1.7, then you shouldn't have to install 1.8 on your extra batteries. The DJI GO app prompt you when using a battery that needs to be updated.

Reactions: t2adze
If you have version 1.3.2 (or higher) installed, you can only update the remote controller firmware via the DJI GO app. And, you'll need to register your Phantom before you can open it and get to the location where the firmware is installed.

All has been working well for me so far.

How can I update my RC if I cannot access to the App? (After installing the latest firmware (1.8.80) I cannot open the DJI App and update my RC (It just shows the "how to connect button" and not the "enter camera view" button).

89Flay, click the dropdown on that screen or slide the screen to the left or right. That sometimes causes the camera view button to appear. If that does not work, try reinstalling the current version of DJI GO.

How can I update my RC if I cannot access to the App? (After installing the latest firmware (1.8.80) I cannot open the DJI App and update my RC (It just shows the "how to connect button" and not the "enter camera view" button).

Did you login to DJI's site? I had a similar experience which AFAIR was fixed after I logged in (?). I deleted the old DJI GO, rebooted, then re-installed (iOS -- it is odd to have to use voodoo tricks with current DJI GO app...).

Last edited:
89Flay, click the dropdown on that screen or slide the screen to the left or right. That sometimes causes the camera view button to appear. If that does not work, try reinstalling the current version of DJI GO.
I tried what you suggested but nothing...still the same :(
I tried to install again the app too and also to format the ipad...still no luck

Did you login to DJI's site? I had a similar experience which AFAIR was fixed after I logged in (?). I deleted the old DJI GO, rebooted, then re-installed (iOS -- it is odd to have to use voodoo tricks with current DJI GO app...).
You mean login from the app or directly from the website? I'll try this method too and let you know, thank you.

EDIT: I tried but still nothing.

Last edited:
Maybe try connecting your remote controller via a different lightning cable -- just to rule out a possible bad cable.

could someone help i just bought a used p3p with version 1.1.9 installed should i install the latest firmware update or install everyone after the version i am currently on

jarrubber, you cannot just install the latest. Please follow all of the steps here.

After my experience I would stay away from updating firmware if not really necessary! But that just my opining regarding something happened to me with the last firmware. In theory they should be safe to update...they should...

Reactions: zacksomeone
Ok well my gax tab3 lost video feed. I loaded app ver. 2.4.3 and it is back now. Also turned off auto update for the app. So that can't happen now.

I am trying to upgrade to 1.08.008, lights have been flashing yellow, solid red, 3 beeps pause, 3 beeps for about an hour 45. Is this normal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic