P3 Firmware HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Followed the Advanced downloads page and I cant seem to find version 1.4
DJI usually removes older firmware versions after newer releases come out. You can find links to download all firmware versions here.

Reactions: jryser
DJI usually removes older firmware versions after newer releases come out. You can find links to download all firmware versions here.

Thanks. Successfully updated the aircraft to 1.4, but went to transfer the sd card to update the controller and the red light stayed solid for a few min, followed by a beeping sound. Did not light up green.

Try installing the latest version of DJI GO and then update the remote controller from within the DJI GO app. It should prompt you to install the update if it needs to be updated.

Try installing the latest version of DJI GO and then update the remote controller from within the DJI GO app. It should prompt you to install the update if it needs to be updated.

Worked, thanks. Still being promoted to update aircraft, battery and camera, that's because 1.7 is available and that will go away should I choose to update again right? I should have 2.7k as well as poi, follow me, orbit etc with 1.4 yes?

I should have 2.7k as well as poi, follow me, orbit etc with 1.4 yes?
Yes. And, the firmware prompt will keep appearing until you install 1.7.

You will see a prompt when any firmware updates are available. Either install the update or ignore them.

Reactions: ChrisRN
Excellent step by step and very detailed and easy to follow.
One thing that happened to me (step 10) when upgrading the bird... got the beeping, camera led green/red, but about 3/4 or the way through all of the lights on the arms went out.
The beeping continued and the camera led kept flashing so I just continued and about 3 minutes later the arm lights came back on and finished just fine.
Just a little anomaly that happened to me, IF you want to add that to the possible indications.

Once again, thanks so much for this guide!

See my note in step #10 ;)
Yes I did read that, but nothing was said about the leds in the arms going out all together... that is what happened to me and I just wanted to add my experience.

Got it. I updated my note.

Got it. I updated my note.
Great!
Once again, I thank you for taking the time to put the step by step together! Really made the process easy.
I know that firmware updating, if done wrong, can turn anything into a brick, and with so many different ways to do the phantom, a clear and concise guide makes it easy.
Thanks!

I'm happy to hear it was helpful. Thank you for taking the time to help me improve it :)

Thanks for a great instruction!

Just one question. I'm currently on 1.1.9. Why is it recommended to first update to 1.3.20?

The official DJI upgrade guide doesn't say anything about that and they don't provide the 1.3.20 version for download as far as I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just one question. I'm currently on 1.1.9. Why is it recommended to first update to 1.3.20?
It's not recommended. It's required. If you attempt to bypass 1.3.2, your firmware install will fail.

The official DJI upgrade guide doesn't say anything about that and they don't provide the 1.3.20 version for download as far as I can see
Right. That's why I create instructions like this here and provide the links for all old firmware versions in the "Firmware Archive" section at PhantomHelp.com.

Thank you for your swift reply!

Ok, just another "detail" overlooked by DJI. Sometimes I wish I worked as an engineer at DJI and had the inside and detailed knowledge so that I could scan forums like this to see what people are wondering about and provide adequate information on their website.

May a suggest that you change the "should" to "must" and add a short sentence to explain why the extra step is needed. That would make it even more pedagogical and possibly improve compliance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

May a suggest that you change the "should" to "must" and add a short sentence to explain why the extra step is needed.
Done. Thank you!

If I don't do the update to 1.7
1st reason cause I fly perfect with the 1.6 and
2nd reason cause I have heard people having issues after updating new firmwares

Would I have any issues if I stay with the 1.6 firmware even if updating is required on the screen?

Thank you

Just want to say thank you msinger :) your instructions really helped me get through my first FW update without any problem! Its quite daunting to see many people having issues, but I followed every step of your 'how to' and found it a fairly simple process. Thanks again.

Reactions: msinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav