How to hit record remotely

Reaction score
I have a P2 with H3-3D Gimbal and hero 3. I'm pretty new here and I'm having a blast just flying around the neighborhood peeping on the neighbors (joke).

Is there anyway to hit record from the transmitter mid flight? I've been using the GoPro app on my phone but the range isn't great. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a P2 with H3-3D Gimbal and hero 3. I'm pretty new here and I'm having a blast just flying around the neighborhood peeping on the neighbors (joke).

Is there anyway to hit record from the transmitter mid flight? I've been using the GoPro app on my phone but the range isn't great. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Keep using that GoPro app and and you'll selling what equipment you may have left. Phantom 2 non vision are not meant to be used with wifi as the P2 uses the same frequency 2.4GHz. If you what FPV then you'll need a 5.8GHz system to be able to view what the camera sees.

Jason is correct. Use your P2 and WIFI on your GoPro at the same time, and probably sooner rather than later it's going to fly away - or into a tree, building or the ground. The P2 and GoPro WIFI work on the same frequency.

That said, I'm not aware of any way to activating the GoPro remotely from your transmitter. Even with the Yuneec Typhoon G you have to start recording or start shooting photos before you leave the ground. Maybe the drone GoPro is developing for the consumer market will have a shutter button on the transmitter.

If you want to fly FPV, there are some inexpensive kits (under $200) you can purchase. At that price-point, there will be a little assembly required.

Reactions: ItsMeScott
Even if you could use the wifi for the gopro, there will be a lag between framing shot and actual recording.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1