How to hand catch?

Reaction score
After grabbing the drone. How to cut off the motor? All the way throttle down? Or down to the corner?

Yes. Keep quad still. Left stick fully down only, no left or right.
Motors will shut off in about 3 seconds.

Good safety advice.
No need for left or right stick motion.

Reactions: gvsukids
just hit auto land hand catch motors shut off real fast automatically

Hold the quad real tight when you hand catch by the landing gear just in case when you left stick down and hold the quad spins the rotors faster. There is no way the Phantom is going to lift a human so just hold on tight till the motors spin down.

What about this?

Interesting. Obviously I'm going to try this, but in this thread I read just hold down on left joystick. Video shows down and in. I know taking both joysticks in will cut the motors, but this guy specifically says don't hold all the way down... so... which is it and is one easier than the other. Seems like I need a lanyard cause doing this while holding the RC is going to be circus like.

Interesting. Obviously I'm going to try this, but in this thread I read just hold down on left joystick. Video shows down and in. I know taking both joysticks in will cut the motors, but this guy specifically says don't hold all the way down... so... which is it and is one easier than the other. Seems like I need a lanyard cause doing this while holding the RC is going to be circus like.
when I due it I don't even have controller in my hand hit autoland set down rc and hand catch motors shut off automatically

I have been flying rc since 1989 and always use a neck strap. Back in the early days sometimes if something went wrong with mine or someone else's aircraft coming at you, you needed to act fast. I'm not throwing my remote to the ground to have my hands free. I have read so many posts here where someone has dropped their remote and broke antennas etc. Why take the risk? With the neck strap I can use two hands to start camera, start altimeter, hand catch easily, do csc if necessary etc. It's a no brainer for me. I can walk around carrying stuff with both hands and my remote is right where it should be.

Reactions: Jack54 and gvsukids
I have been flying rc since 1989 and always use a neck strap. Back in the early days sometimes if something went wrong with mine or someone else's aircraft coming at you, you needed to act fast. I'm not throwing my remote to the ground to have my hands free. I have read so many posts here where someone has dropped their remote and broke antennas etc. Why take the risk? With the neck strap I can use two hands to start camera, start altimeter, hand catch easily, do csc if necessary etc. It's a no brainer for me. I can walk around carrying stuff with both hands and my remote is right where it should be.
don't throw rc to ground set it on table or on a seat if not gently on ground have plenty of time to due that

[QUOTE="flpholt, post: 892203, member: 52someone ]don't throw rc to ground set it on table or on a seat if not gently on ground have plenty of time to due that[/QUOTE]
Have you ever been to a field flying and someone else's aircraft is about to fly into your face out of control.?

Reactions: Jack54
nope don't have that problem and most ama fields around here don't allow drones

I used to fly planks all the time at a AMA field. Anyone that had AMA and paid for park permit could fly there. Even new flyers with no experience. I have seen more planes mow down guys in the pit area, it is not even funny. When I am in pit area starting up my scale airplane with glo fuel engine and it has a wingspan of six feet and have to carry this to the runway....where is my remote supposed to be? Not on a chair or table or bench.

I used to fly planks all the time at a AMA field. Anyone that had AMA and paid for park permit could fly there. Even new flyers with no experience. I have seen more planes mow down guys in the pit area, it is not even funny. When I am in pit area starting up my scale airplane with glo fuel engine and it has a wingspan of six feet and have to carry this to the runway....where is my remote supposed to be? Not on a chair or table or bench.
but we are talking about a drone not a plane is way different

Just left stick

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
No ..we are not talking about anything specific. We are talking about the usefulness of a neck strap for the remote.
wouldn't know have 3 and don't use them most people I fly with don't use them either

[Qdon't E="flpholt, post: 892230, member: 52208"]wouldn't know have 3 and don't use them most people I fly with don't use them either[/QUOTE]
I don't care if others don't use them. That's what I do. Just don't fly in my face and hit me because you were not under full control.

[Qdon't E="flpholt, post: 892230, member: 52208"]wouldn't know have 3 and don't use them most people I fly with don't use them either
I don't care if others don't use them. That's what I do. Just don't fly in my face and hit me because you were not under full control.[/QUOTE]
we fly 5 at a time have no problems must just be we are such great pilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl