Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Jrods

Any one have any tips on how fast, how high, ect. to get the most time out of each flight. I am getting some where in the range of 16 to 20 minutes most of the time out of a battery. And extra 4 or 5 minutes would make a world of difference and would mean that I could get most work done in one flight.

2. N017RW

There has been a lot of debate over the most efficient flight profile. But 20-25% more than your current times seems out of reach. At some point battery aging will reduce capacity and there's no way to overcome that.

3. Hao Nguyen

That depends on weather condition, like last Saturday with 16mph wind, I only had about 22 mins of battery. My P4 had to fight the wind a lot to maintain its coordinate.

4. Sky Architect

I have heard that returning home when at 20-25% battery will lengthenjoy the life of the batter compared to pushing it down to 5%. Most of what I have seen is try to do different things and turn some extra features off. That might lengthen your flight time but again I am not too experienced of a flyer yet. I just have done a lot of research.

5. Erised

My max time is 24 minutes and landed at 8%, this for me is way too low for safety and long term battery life. 17 to 21 minutes brings my batteries around 15 to 20%. Check out the threads on max range records, many of the pilots post their speed and other variable in their quest.

Sky Architect likes this.
  6. MarkNH

A lot of distance flyers go about 30 to 32 miles per hour.