How to get the DJI App on a Laptop

RPA

Reaction score
I've just found a way to run the DJI app on a laptop (I'm sure some others are aware but I thought I'd share this anyway).

Install BlueStacks (android emulator) and then use the Google Play store to download and install the DJI App.

Now I (or more likely a helper who's concentrating on guiding me to and setting up the shots) can use my MB Air to run the DJI app on a bright non reflective screen with mouse control.

RPA said:
I've just found a way to run the DJI app on a laptop (I'm sure some others are aware but I thought I'd share this anyway).

Install BlueStacks (android emulator) and then use the Google Play store to download and install the DJI App.

Now I (or more likely a helper who's concentrating on guiding me to and setting up the shots) can use my MB Air to run the DJI app on a bright non reflective screen with mouse control.

Wow!! I'm going to try it.

Ive had it working on my 47" tv flawlessly. It was funny looking at peoples reactions at a bbq at my house ;)

4wd said:
Can't use the waypoint thing though unless your laptop has GPS!
(or is there a way around that?)
Interesting, I dont see why not. Its the gps in the phantom thats at work, the laptop or app is just using cached maps to plot the course and then sending the instructions to the phantom as far as I can see. I'll give it a go on my tv setup. Last time I tried waypoints werent out yet. I'm using a dual core android tv box with the app running on it connected to the tv so I'm bypassing using a phone altogether. An easy way to test would be to turn off gps on your phone and see if waypoints works, again I dont see why it wouldnt or maybe I'm missing something?

Can get it to work :( I've got a macbook pro retina i7. I get an error when tried to install

4wd said:
I tried it, but it started loading maps in Maidenhead where my ISP says I am!
I can scroll the map but not zoom in and out so it would take a long time to move 300 miles.
Bluestacks can be very buggy at times. Ive I've never liked it, always got me frustrated.

4wd said:
I can scroll the map but not zoom in and out so it would take a long time to move 300 miles.
Thats a pity. I'll give it a go on the tv bit I'll probably get the same results as you.

How would this work? If you use a PC with a emulator then it'll use the wifi from the PC to communicate with the extender and not need a phone at all?
Currently it is difficult to set waypoints from a phone.
If this would work, it would be helpful to all

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
4wd said:
Thats a pity. I'll give it a go on the tv bit I'll probably get the same results as you.

Did you try CTRL +/- or CTRL mouse wheel to zoom? Did that not work?

I installed Blue Stacks and the DJI Vision app.
I am unable to get past the login screen, it seems that in the app you press enter to continue, there is no button to press.
This does not seem to work in the emulator and i cannot go further.

Did any of you have this issue?

Thanks.

Yes, thanks. I am on another pc now and was able to log in.
At this point, I just cant get the google maps to show on the waypoint screen.
Normally, you have to connect to the internet and cache your map before connecting to the Phantom.
However, I don't know of a way to cache a Google map using a pc.

Anyone got this working ?

Thanks.

I have loaded Google Maps app on the emulator. I cached the map and saved it. Still cant see it yet in the waypoints app, will advise

PhantomRock said:
How would this work? If you use a PC with a emulator then it'll use the wifi from the PC to communicate with the extender and not need a phone at all?
Currently it is difficult to set waypoints from a phone.
If this would work, it would be helpful to all

Yeap, right.
Later I'll post my test with video. I have a Touch Laptot and it works as a BIIIGGG phone or tablet. :ugeek:
Really it is lilke a Pro- Ground station because you can control the emulator wit your mouse or if touch screen with your fingers.

PhantomRock said:
Yes, thanks. I am on another pc now and was able to log in.
At this point, I just cant get the google maps to show on the waypoint screen.
Normally, you have to connect to the internet and cache your map before connecting to the Phantom.
However, I don't know of a way to cache a Google map using a pc.

Anyone got this working ?

Thanks.

The emulator downloads the cached maps using the Laptop Wifi. That is transparent and the maps will stay on celphone (emulator) cache memory.

I was not successful in getting it to work with a PC. It is possible to see the video feed on the PC but I did not have control of the camera or get waypoints with Google Map working. I'm going to be leaving this for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31