How to get started.

U all have to understand some say read the manual and some say just take it out, fly it and get use to it
My advice -- ignore those people who say to just take it out and fly it ;)

Thank u for a normal reply lol. I did figure it out tho. Can u tell me one thing tho, how do u export the video and pics to ur phone. 5s iPhone is what I use

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I find most of these funny. I don't take offense to any of the replies. U all have to understand some say read the manual and some say just take it out, fly it and get use to it. It's not a big deal. I didn't go far or even attempt to. It's all good lol. I'm not trying to get on anyone's nerves. If these things frustrate any of u then all u have to do is not reply. Simple. Everyone have a good day. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Its not that Don....every single one of us bought this quad not knowing anything about it, we all learned.. some of us were lucky to have friends that had them and could show us like I did..but many had no resources like that so they read the manual, watched all the DJI tutorials, scoured the internet for info, watched youtube videos, and went through this valuable forum to learn. When you come to this forum and ask questions that should have been learned from all the aforementioned resources people get upset since all that info is readily available. Take your time...read everything you can find..if you don't understand a function search it..then if you cant make sense of it then ask the question...at that point you wont be chastised.

I think the comments stating RTFM come from the same questions coming up all the time when the information is readily available in the manual. However, a new owner would expect the manual to be included in their purchase. And the guide that is included isn't the manual. The manual has to be downloaded from DJI. When I purchased my P3A (not long ago) I didn't know that and did a lot of reading here and found out about the manual from DJI.

Best advice I can give you is to read and view everything you can find, play with the simulator, and then make some short, close flights to get the hang of things. And remember as long as you are in GPS mode, if you get in trouble let go of the sticks and the bird will stop and hover where it is.

Left stick turns the aircraft left and right and moves it up and down. Right stick moves it forward and backward and side to side. Watch out for **** attached to the ground when you fly. Like trees and buildings. Have fun. Good luck.

Don't forget to wear the safety lanyard.. This will set your homepoint.

Instead of Reading the Fine Manual, go through the DJI videos. The manual is written by someone or someones without a clear background in either English or technical writing. The videos are pretty good.

I am still amazed at Chinese companies that can generate billions of dollars of revenue but can't seem to find people that speak both Chinese and English fluently. Hell, I have three friends in my little town who could do a better job.

Dude there are so many youtube videos out there on the Phantom 3. It would take far less time for you to find and watch one than for someone to type out a detailed reply to answer your questions. The information is out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31