How to get started.

Reaction score
Can someone please help me get started? I must be an idiot. I charged battery and controller. Am I supposed to use white cord to connect controller to p3p? Should controller recognize iPhone 5s when I plug it into controller? How do I get to calibrate the p3p. Please someone help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can someone please help me get started? I must be an idiot. I charged battery and controller. Am I supposed to use white cord to connect controller to p3p? Should controller recognize iPhone 5s when I plug it into controller? How do I get to calibrate the p3p. Please someone help

RTFM-you-must.jpg

Well that helped. Not much to a manual. Barely anything there. If you can't help me why even reply at all. I just want some advice or help from people that know what they are doing

Donmcfarland88, you can download the Phantom manual from DJI's downloads page. After you've read that, watch the following video for information on how to setup your Phantom:

If you need more help, you can find additional how-to videos here.

I've watched YouTube videos many times. Seems like I'm not getting same info on my p3p

Install DJI Go App on your iPhone from App Store
Next mount your iPhone on RC.
Connect iPhone to RC by Apple white cord
Switch on RC
Switch on P3
Start DJI Go App

This is the basic steps to start
All settings should be done on DJI go app

I believe you need to sit with you who knows P3.

I think my iPhone 5s cord is bad. I think that's y nothing was connecting for me.

When you do get it connected... Spend some serious time in the simulator.. [emoji106]

I have flown the droid multiple times now. How do I get it off of beginner mode to go farther distances. Do u have to do that before u fly? Can u make it a default

Open up dji go app click on the drone symbol it will open and then find beginner mode and turn it off.
08a77fe2476946eabba52df1be600d27.jpg
b8b4bc610ac58479f76b96e86b5e287d.jpg

My friend, read the manual. Learn the GO app, you can change all of that in there. You have to understand that this machine is very difficult to fly properly if you don't understand the whole thing. And by that I mean not just how to use the sticks, but how you change settings in the app.

I have flown the droid multiple times now. How do I get it off of beginner mode to go farther distances. Do u have to do that before u fly? Can u make it a default
rtfm4.png

I'm waiting for the I just crashed my p3p post from him.
Followed by the "Is this a warranty claim" post?

:confused::confused:

:rolleyes:

seriously OP, none of us are trying to be dicks, but RTFM. There is so much valuable information in there. The majority of the info is not needed to get started, but will answer 99.9% of your future questions, and will likely keep you out of the trees at one point or another. Knowing the instrument you are operating is crucial to the safety of the instrument and those around you. Also, it's just way more fun when you know what you are doing and can fly confidently.

Reactions: FantomFlier
They really aren't trying to be mean. You have a lot to learn. Checklists before flights, order of how to turn stuff on, changing your return to home height settings, voltage monitoring, imu and compass calibrations... The list goes on. If you choose not to read and learn this stuff you will have an epic crash. Not to mention the trolls will hate drone pilots even more. Stupid laws, provisions, and restrictions are made because of people like you.

I find most of these funny. I don't take offense to any of the replies. U all have to understand some say read the manual and some say just take it out, fly it and get use to it. It's not a big deal. I didn't go far or even attempt to. It's all good lol. I'm not trying to get on anyone's nerves. If these things frustrate any of u then all u have to do is not reply. Simple. Everyone have a good day. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20