How to get rid of the twitching & drifting! This works!

Reaction score
http://vimeo.com/97639259

Simply place the phantom facing north at start up and boom! No more twitching, no more slow drifting after initialization!

This should be an easy fix for DJI to write into the firmware.

Nice find, I hear that's been working for several people.

No matter how I try I can't recreate that faulty behavior on mine when connected to the GCU (on my 550) or the upgrade board (on my P1)...which suggests this may be isolated to just those mounted on a P2.

This seems to have worked for me too. I took three flights today and not a twitch in any of them. Very nice find indeed!

Yes that's great for the startup but what else does it affect? My H3-3D cannot hold a horizon well. When I yaw left or right it banks the horizon. I'm not in FPV mode either. It eventually levels out but not while doing the maneuver. Did the north thing and it started up with no twitching but had no other benefits for me.

Jbrown, this fixed my issue beyond startup. I didn't ever have the horizon issue that it sounds like you are having but my h3 did twitch hard to the left when rotating the Phantom. This seems to have fixed that. I am about 10 flights in since starting doing this, not an issue.

Just plugged my phantom in and there is an update: P330CB - Version 1.0.1.30

Can confirm this has taken away the twitching and drifting for me. However, my gimbal went MENTAL while the update was in progress, all kinds of nasty grinding noises while it flipped about.

Captain Salty said:

Can confirm this has taken away the twitching and drifting for me. However, my gimbal went MENTAL while the update was in progress, all kinds of nasty grinding noises while it flipped about.
Haven't flown it yet to know if the in-flight drift left issue is improved, but I did have the same "dance" during the update...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbD89_3kfX8[/youtube]

Away Point said:
Captain Salty said:

Haven't flown it yet to know if the in-flight drift left issue is improved, but I did have the same "dance" during the update...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbD89_3kfX8[/youtube]

Yip - exactly the same as during my update. I can see the email from DJI now. "Dear Sir, This is normal"

Captain Salty said:
Yip - exactly the same as during my update. I can see the email from DJI now. "Dear Sir, This is normal"
LOL

Unfortunately, starting off facing north nor the update cured my 3D's lazy eye. It still goes limp and faces left at anything over the slightest head wind. Very discouraging!

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecw1Ad-CYqg

If so, how did you solve it? I received a new P2 + H3-3D last week. All good except this behavior on the gimbal. Gimbal firmware was upgraded to latest by Assistant (without my consent). P2 still running 3.0 firmware, which was on it when it arrived. Gains are stock values, aka the defaults prior to firmware v3.04.

Twitching is most pronounced when flying forward at a fairly good tilt, and descending at 0.8m/sec or faster. If I fly slowly, soft touch on sticks, and level flight, the twitch rarely occurs. I am wondering about battery clearance, and may try washers to extend yaw motor further from battery. I have a PolarPro ND Filter on board, counterbalanced on the motor side for lateral [roll] balance.

Kelly

Away Point said:
Captain Salty said:
LOL

Unfortunately, starting off facing north nor the update cured my 3D's lazy eye. It still goes limp and faces left at anything over the slightest head wind. Very discouraging!

If it exploded in mid air DJI would say it was perfectly normal and therefore not covered by warranty :D

Upgrading to v3.04 Main firmware and v1.06 Gimbal firmware reduced the vast majority of what I believe is hibernation and sudden wake-up. It's not entirely gone, but a major improvement.

Kelly

WessexWyvern said:
Away Point said:
Captain Salty said:
LOL

If it exploded in mid air DJI would say it was perfectly normal and therefore not covered by warranty :D
Lol, yep!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic