How to get Newbies to RTFM

Reaction score
Bedtime stories! Do you remember those?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

By not answering their SFQ

Bedtime stories! Do you remember those?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I remember that show well dawg :) afraid those days gone by bro :(

Reactions: Fplvert
By not answering their SFQ
One of the benefits of a forum like this is so newbies can learn. If you don't want to help you are correct, you can just not answer the questions. It is fortunate that many members here like to answer questions and help others out. I personally will post an answer and politely show them in the manual where the information is found via a link.
I like to think Rule #14 applies here too - 14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.
;)

I'm a Pickin'... and I'm a Grinnin'
(Roy & Buck)

SAL-UTE!

heehaw20salute1.jpg

PS - If this thread goes south like I think it will it may disappear without notice. :eek:

Reactions: N017RW and dirkclod
Don't look now... but we just done dated ourselves and hijacked a thread.

As long as TJ plays along... I guess it's OK by proxy???

Reactions: dirkclod
OOPS, I forgot it was OT.

Ok then, who's next???

Still Crazy, after all these years.

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Give them cuff links, up side the vacuum filled cranium?
image.jpeg

Maybe one day ya will get past that bro ;)
Hahaha, Gosh, I hope not. Sane people are to blame what/who droned me Here.

Now I'm a Student drone Pilot.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

They said even an educated/trained ape can fly a Phantom 3.

Yeah, but only if he will RTFM.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Shouldn't the book be titled: 'TFM'?
;)

image.gif

@N017RW,
Well, only if you insist upon it!!
image.jpeg

Yes, yes it should... Hehe even @dji agree.

RedHotPoker

Not one single one of us came out of the womb as experts in flying R/C aircraft.
I know that I read the manual, and forums, and watched videos, and read reviews, and about 3000 other things while awaiting my first quad, and even though I read it, there's a hell of a lot of information to process, and it's just possible some of that might get forgotten amidst the information overload that many of us put ourselves through ahead of time.

It's not hard to answer a simple question. And it makes us look much less like a bunch of knob-jockeys when we take the time to politely help a new person.
If you can't be bothered helping a new person, then don't. But perhaps you better also never ask a question yourself either.

Reactions: dirkclod
@Ezookiel,
Um kind Sir, I think you may have slightly misunderstood the true intent of this thread. It was meant in jest, and therefor the humour inside. No one is here, saying that they wouldn't help a stranded Pilot.
image.jpeg

We have all Been there, and perhaps in the future will revisit, and we'll be all déjà-view.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Ezookiel
Not one single one of us came out of the womb as experts in flying R/C aircraft.
I know that I read the manual, and forums, and watched videos, and read reviews, and about 3000 other things while awaiting my first quad, and even though I read it, there's a hell of a lot of information to process, and it's just possible some of that might get forgotten amidst the information overload that many of us put ourselves through ahead of time.

It's not hard to answer a simple question. And it makes us look much less like a bunch of knob-jockeys when we take the time to politely help a new person.
If you can't be bothered helping a new person, then don't. But perhaps you better also never ask a question yourself either.
monker thumbup.gif
I think you understood and agree with you .
I think some just jest it to much :)

Reactions: Ezookiel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic