How to get new onboard WIFI module to talk to range extender?

Reaction score
Today I replaced the WIFI module onboard my PV2+ and having trouble getting it to talk to the range extender.
I replaced the module as was not able to get video feed to the iphone even though telemetry was working fine. I'm able to connect between the WIFI extender and the iphone but get the "Connection to phantom failed" message when trying to connect to the camera and telemetry with the DJI VISION app. (Not getting telemetry or video feed)
Is there a binding process between the onboard WIFI module and the range extender? How does the range extender recognize the new WIFI module?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give this old man.

Been trying to rebind but doesn't seem to be working. Will try it some more.
Thanks for the feedback.

Was able to rebind but still no FPV video feedback even with new WIFI module. Getting all flight info and able to take pics and video but no video feed. Same as with original WIFI module.

The IOS and app have both been recently updated to the latest versions. (iphone 5S)
Same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab4.
Any other thoughts? Sure need some ideas.

Last edited:
Is the WiFi module new? Many of these were replaced by DJI due to an overheating issue. Since you replaced yours, I assumed it was new. It may be the app, there are many folks with this unresolved issue. Two things. One, does it behave this way when everything is first powered on? Do you get any video feed at all? Second, try setting the feed frame rate to 15 FPS, and see what happens.

Yes, it's a new module. It misbehaves this way when first powered on, no video at all. Tried various frame rates.
A couple weeks ago I put the bird in the freezer for a couple hours and after taking it out, I had good video feed until the bird warmed up after a few minutes.
I would be pleasantly surprised if this was an app/mobile device issue. Sure would like to find out.
I did delete the DJI VISION app and reinstalled on iphone 5S (recently updated IOS). Noticed after that I was getting full GROUND STATION maps which was sketchy at best on "old" app.

Bird in Freezer thread:
Wifi Module--Need Some Electronics Expertise

I would think that installing the new (sealed bag) wifi module would have ruled out the old module but can't be 100 percent sure.. I wonder if it could possibly be the wifi expander not being up to handling the video feed even though it seems to handle all the rest of the data.
Also might be a problem in the connections between the camera and the onboard wifi. The video is, however, being recorded okay by the SD card. Bit of a guessing game not knowing how it all works.

Last edited:
No because the code on the box matches the old wifi module. I keyed the code from the newly installed wifi into the app when binding it to the wifi extender so they could "talk" to each other. When I removed the new wifi module and replaced it with the old I had to key in the old code which would be the same as scanning it on the box.
With that said, my understanding is that the CAMERA doesn't need to be bound with the wifi module since they are hard wired.

Last edited:
I assumed that the wifi module was at fault due to all the discussions about them overheating and eventually failing. I had disassembled the old module in order to apply heat transfer compound as recommended in several discussions here on the forum. I don't recall seeing any evidence of any component overheating during this process.

i did the same eventually i had to get a hold of dji and they gave me a new code for my drone and it all worked
might not be the same for you
just a thought i had thrown out the box
its been a while but did u go into the app look to see if ur camera and naza info was on the build tab i think its
been a while my camera info would show up but no naza info
srry i couldnt help

i also keyed in the old code many times it always said binding ok the numbers came up all good but nope it didnt work

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj