How to get my video feed back after it cuts out

Reaction score
So as stated how do I get my video feed back after it cuts out because I still had control of my drone (but couldn't see it in the sky) I had weak transmission signal and it wouldn't auto RTH because it was flickering in and out but I managed to get my app to initiate RTH but the whole way home I could not see anything. Is there a way to reestablish video feed other than reconnecting?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The video feed (downlink) should automatically reconnect once the Phantom is in range again and/or the interference that caused the disconnect is no longer present.

The video feed (downlink) should automatically reconnect once the Phantom is in range again and/or the interference that caused the disconnect is no longer present.

That didn't happen though, any idea why? It said weak transmission signal even when it was 5 foot away and it had landed and my screen was blank. Any ideas what happened?

I had to disconnect my controller and turn it back on and reconnect my phone to get it back which was odd since I got choppy video feed once before and it came back by reversing a few feet, this time it just cut and refused to come back

I'm not sure. How could you tell there was no potential interference in the area?

Well I did get heavy interference warnings (I think it's our house WIFI) but that never caused my video to go out like that and it was a clear day no power lines or towers to mess it up.

So the only interference would be the home wifi. But what confuses me is that all they way out it was fine and working smoothly but all the way back it was black and wouldn't reconnect. Only when I landed my drone and reopened the app did it work. Switching to and from things in the app didn't fix it

I'm willing to chalk it up as a bug but I get panicky when I lose my live feed because in essence I've lost the ability to see my drones position and what's around it

I've had this happen too. Video go black and white and digized. The app said it was RTH but i waited and waited and nothing happened. By the time I go closer I realized even thought screen was black and white I had control and brought her down. The video never went back to normal once it went black and white.... If this happens again (which I hope it doesn't, lol) I will try changing video and camera modes as suggested. I'll report back if that happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31