How to get GS to work in a no fly zone

Reaction score
Yup, you read it right. Is there a work around to get GS to work when the RC flying field is kinda close to a airport. I kept getting a message once I got everything locked in the message would state something like unable to start due to crossing path. I set in three points. All three about 100 to 150 yards apart.

"No fly zone".. that should say it all. Let's hope there IS NO WAY to defeat that safety measure.

I don't promote it and I haven't tried..

but maybe you can trick into flying ATTI only. I know that the phantom will not start motors if GPS module is not detected.

Get some foil and place on top of phantom BEFPRE heading out to the no fly zone location. This way it can never know where it is in the world.

You can only fly ATTI and therfore CL and HL and RTH will NOT WORK.

Let me know if it works. I'm curious too.

I know from experience that if you try to fly in a no fly zone and take of before it knows where is you can have problems. I took off and just as I was taking of the gps jumped said no fly zone and cut
Motors again about 3 inches above ground. Chipped 2 props.

Later checked the map and the airport had change classification since I last check so NoFlyZone was bigger :)

I didn't post this very well. This is a RC park for flying planes. View some of the pics of my friend flying around the RC park. The problem is NOT that you can't fly here. The GS program is stopping me and I don't understand why you can fly all around this RC field but when I want to program the GS to set up points it stops me once everything is programed. This RC park has very strict rules and they follow the FCC rules to the tee. Look here>>>>>>> http://www.newportnewsrc.org/ At 60 years old I think I am a tad bit old to start breaking the law and not following safety rules.

Attachments

• DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 412
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 443

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members