How to get fast repairs?

Reaction score
DJI repair in CA worked great got for me but it was three weeks turn around to MI

My buddy needs his P4 repaired - minor damage - is there anywhere else to get repairs done closer/quicker?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The best way to get them done quickly is to do them yourself. I know that DJI drones are more a consumer drone and are geared to those that may not wish to work on them but they are not any more difficult to work on than a home built kit quad. There are tons of videos on how 2's repairing pretty much anything you can think of.Some local RC shop's do repairs as well. You may want to try looking them up?

Just curious? What is broken?

I bought this handy little tool kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GF0KV6G/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has all that one needs to do most repairs on a Phantom - minus the parts... I have a big red toolbox full of tools for my cars and whatnot, and I have that small tool kit for my small items. Oh, and you also need patience and a steady hand.

Just curious? What is broken?

Seems simple enough. At the top of one of the landing gear, it attaches to the body via two screws than go into a metal threads "insert." On of these was pulled almost entirely out from the plastic. We loosened the other screw enough that we could pull out the offending piece and screw then screwed the good one back down. The landing feet are level and feel solid. Other than a small gap there everything else appears fine. Took a "hard" Flight with her and everything seems ok. There is a small stress crack that that spot as well.

I don't think there is an easy way to jam that metal sleeve back into its hole without making things worse (cracking?) so for the moment I've convinced him to leave it be. He really doesn't want to wait 3 weeks for a minor repair but I'm not sure we went to do it ourselves. (Neither of us are what you'd call Handy Men lol)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers