How to get Director to connect to google

Reaction score
So, I'm really new to tablets and apps, so I'm likely just overthinking things here.

I'm fairly new to the P3A, and just started tinkering with the Director part of the Pilot App (v1.2) on Android. I know there are considerably better movie editors out there, but I just wanted to get a quick little 30 second video up on Youtube to show my handlers/bosses some of the basic functionality of the P3A. Seemed like Director would perfectly fit the bill. Somewhat easy to figure it out, not too problem.

Except.... whenever I hit "Upload", it takes me to a page stating that DJI Pilot App would like to assess my account, etc etc. I hit "Accept", and it takes me right back into the App where I first hit "Upload".

Clearly, my first step is to check Google Setting to see if the DJI App is connected to my account. And sure enough, it is not. But, I can't figure out how the hell to get it to connect to my account!

The only thing that may be causing a bind is that I rolled Google Services back to factory. Had some issues with disconnects, and this seems to have resolved it.

Any help is appreciated!

Guess the other bits of info which might help someone more knowledgeable than myself:
P3A on 1.1.9
Pilot App on Android at 1.20
Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1, with Google Services rolled back to factory.

Is this inability to connect the App with my Google account simply because of the rolled back Google Services? Or am I just missing a little step somewhere to make it link up?

I've discovered Windows Movie Maker, which is more than sufficient for my needs right now, and free, so if no answer is forthcoming, no big deal. I'd just like to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Guess the other bits of info which might help someone more knowledgeable than myself:
P3A on 1.1.9
Pilot App on Android at 1.20
Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1, with Google Services rolled back to factory.

Is this inability to connect the App with my Google account simply because of the rolled back Google Services? Or am I just missing a little step somewhere to make it link up?

I've discovered Windows Movie Maker, which is more than sufficient for my needs right now, and free, so if no answer is forthcoming, no big deal. I'd just like to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I use a Nexus 7 and Note 3. Google Services have not been rolled back and I still cannot connect. Windows Movie Maker is great. However, I have heard that it has been discontinued and not available with Windows 10. That's keeping me from upgrading until I look into this further.

Ah, so it isn't just my ignorance, then. I'm guessing it's something with the app itself, given @PaulMuns similar experience.

I only just discovered that the new GO app is a stand alone replacement for the Pilot app, so maybe we'll have better luck once we make the move to that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic