Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to get brighter view on phone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIDALWAVE, Jul 1, 2014.

1. TIDALWAVE

I have found it nearly impossible to see the 'live' view on my phone when it displays the video feed from my P2V+.
    I tried making a temporary sun shield around the phone...but it is still very dim when the sun is out.
    I have maxed the brightness and contrast without getting better results.

Friends have suggested putting an anti-glare cover on the phone's surface...but when I have Googled multiple
    brands they seem to be mostly 'fingerprint' protectors rather than true anti-glare coatings.

I have thought about trading in my old phone for new. The newest screens seem to be OLED type. My
    problem is that every store I have tried demand that I purchase the phone before they will let me
    take it out into the sun to see if it better than my old phone. No trial views allowed!

What brand/model do you use, if the sun is out? I would like to use a tablet rather
    than a small screen phone if possible.

2. skysteve

3. jmttech

I use a Samsung S3 tablet. I have an 8", wife has a 7". Both do fine as far as brightness is concerned, but a sun shade I found on Amazon helps a great deal. I live in FL and we have a lot of sun to contend with.

4. 4wd

4wd

I've got a MotoG and if you set brightness to Max (definitely brighter than Auto) and stand in shade it's just about OK.
    If you forget and turn it on indoors later, it lights up the room :cool: