How to get a new QR Code ?

Reaction score
Hi guys

My cameras servo died on me when I reset my gimbal settings to 'default', so I bought a new camera from some guy who was selling his on ebay. Camera works just fine but it didnt come with a QR Code.

Ive messaged the guy a few times but its clear he has no idea what Im asking when I keep telling him that the QR code should be with the paperwork that came with the P2V and printed on the box.

Anyway, the camera does have a QR code and number printed on the bottom of it, mind you Its very small so not sure if I can bind using that code ?, plus when mounted you cant exactly get to it.

14069905841_4e1b2954f4_o.png

Long story short, does anyone know how I can get a new QR code ??. Im getting desperate.

Pull_Up said:
If you email DJI support (I would suggest your dealer, but you didn't go via a dealer) they can generate QR codes for you if you give them the serial number of the camera...

I called dji and they sent me a new one but it to 24hrs

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

I am new (registered)..!
I have a PV2, actually my second one.
My first one flew away November 2013 (still waiting for answer from DJI for guaranty).....So I am not actually new to this forum. I have read almost everything.
To all members/ posters my complements and thanks for all the info..!
Thanks to this great forum, I think I know more about the PV2 than DJI themselve... :)

So back to the subject...

You can create your own QR code. Some time ago I needed to rebind my range extender, but did not had the box at home.
So I figured out how to create the needed QR code myself.

Luckily, I had the box from my first PV2 at home. I scanned and used this QR code as example.
If you scan the QR code (for example with your iPhone and Scan app) you can see the content.

You can replace the content with your own data (model, serial number, etc.).
Go to some QR generator site. I used http://www.qr-codegenerator.nl/generator/index.html
Choose text and I used .jpg (most common) as format.
Copy the text (content of your PV2 data) and create the QR code. Then SAVE your created QR code. Done..!

This is the content of my PV2 QR code.
You can use this as example and modify with your own PV2 data to create your QR.
All data can be found on the PV2 (and it's camera).

http://m.dji.net/djivision?1=DJI&2=PHANTOM VISION&3=AJ221429457772&4=FC200_000a17&5=60601F000A17

I too noticed that the first part is underlined (url). I made mine exactly the same (with the blue url underline) and it worked.

Just to be sure...Replace:

AJ221429457772
FC200_000a17
60601F000A17

I hope this will help you. I know what's it like waiting for DJI...

If you have problems, questions, please ask or you can send me your data and I will make and send you your QR code..!

Good luck.

JCruise said:
Hi Guys,

I am new (registered)..!
I have a PV2, actually my second one.
My first one flew away November 2013 (still waiting for answer from DJI for guaranty).....So I am not actually new to this forum. I have read almost everything.
To all members/ posters my complements and thanks for all the info..!
Thanks to this great forum, I think I know more about the PV2 than DJI themselve... :)

So back to the subject...

You can create your own QR code. Some time ago I needed to rebind my range extender, but did not had the box at home.
So I figured out how to create the needed QR code myself.

Luckily, I had the box from my first PV2 at home. I scanned and used this QR code as example.
If you scan the QR code (for example with your iPhone and Scan app) you can see the content.

You can replace the content with your own data (model, serial number, etc.).
Go to some QR generator site. I used http://www.qr-codegenerator.nl/generator/index.html
Choose text and I used .jpg (most common) as format.
Copy the text (content of your PV2 data) and create the QR code. Then SAVE your created QR code. Done..!

This is the content of my PV2 QR code.
You can use this as example and modify with your own PV2 data to create your QR.

http://m.dji.net/djivision?1=DJI&2=PHANTOM VISION&3=AJ221429457772&4=FC200_000a17&5=60601F000A17

I too noticed that the first part is underlined (url). I made mine exactly the same (with the blue url underline) and it worked.

Just to be sure...Replace:

AJ221429457772
FC200_000a17
60601F000A17

I hope this will help you. I know what's it like waiting for DJI...

If you have problems, questions, please ask or you can send me your data and I will make and send you your QR code..!

Good luck.

Ok, so hopefully I'm on the same page as you here, but what your saying is to use the current info i.e.: SSID & Mac address (that appears when i open the app and go to the binding info) and just replace the new info i.e: serial number of the new camera ?

In other words on my app right now from my last binding with my last camera this info.

SSID:FC200-00dde2
MAC ADDRESS: 60:60:1F:00:DD:E2

The new camera Serial Number as per this image is: BB111431241524
14069905841_4e1b2954f4_o.png

So if I put all that info into the QR generator it will spit out a new QR code ??, or am I totally on the wrong page ??.

Sorry If I sound stupid, its just frustrating to try and get this working when I really have no idea what Im doing. I don't have the original box my P2V came in either so trying to get the info needed and knowing what it the right info is what is the most frustrating part right now :(.

Note: Some additional info which might help ?. Ive taken off the camera s/n to save any confusion as the original camera with the P2V is not this camera.

14074568381_03dd957773_c.jpg

AnselA said:
JCruise said:

How? OP got a new camera without knowledge about its SSID and MAC address...

I bought the camera off someone on ebay. They sent me the camera and nothing else. They threw out the original box so this is the problem I now find myself in, no QR number :(.

The SSID (whatever that is), and the MAC Adress (whatever that is too) I quoted from my previous camera. The servo on that camera seized when I reset the gimbal settings to default. DJI were hopeless in helping me so I just bought a new camera. I didn't realise the person sending it to me had no idea what the QR Code was as he retrofitted his P2V with a go pro, so never needed the QR code.

walexx said:
The SSID (whatever that is), and the MAC Adress (whatever that is too)

You can think they are "like" the "name" and "phonenumber" (in WiFi terminology) of your camera. Extender needs to know them to connect to your camera.

AnselA said:
walexx said:
The SSID (whatever that is), and the MAC Adress (whatever that is too)

You can think they are "like" the "name" and "phonenumber" (in WiFi terminology) of your camera. Extender needs to know them to connect to your camera.

That makes sense :). Now if only I can figure out what numbers to use to generate a new QR code. I think I have all the details but what do you use ?, and in what order ?

Send an email to [email protected]. They're very good about responding to this particular request. Less than 24 hours for me! Just include the camera Serial Number and they'll send you the QR code. Good luck!

Duke131 said:
Send an email to [email protected]. They're very good about responding to this particular request. Less than 24 hours for me! Just include the camera Serial Number and they'll send you the QR code. Good luck!

Thanks mate, will do, much appreciated !!

walexx said:
Duke131 said:

Can you send me a picture of the binding data show in your Vision app.

It has been some time since I made my own QR code.
It is some confusing I noticed. You are not stupid..! :cool:

Anyhow, when I receive your picture, I will make a QR code which you can try...
I cannot check the data on my PV2 right now to see what data is on it, because I don't have it near me at this moment.

p.s. I cannot send you a message because I am new here.. :(

JCruise said:
walexx said:
Duke131 said:

Can you send me a picture of the binding data show in your Vision app.

It has been some time since I made my own QR code.
It is some confusing I noticed. You are not stupid..! :cool:

Anyhow, when I receive your picture, I will make a QR code which you can try...
I cannot check the data on my PV2 right now to see what data is on it, because I don't have it near me at this moment.

p.s. I cannot send you a message because I am new here.. :(

Here you go mate

13892702688_c2fef4890a_c.jpg

Thanks in advance. Everyone who has posted have been really helpful and I really do appreciate it. Its great to have such a good quad community out there helping each other out. I hope at some point I can be of assistance to someone in the future.

Thanks in advance. Everyone who has posted have been really helpful and I really do appreciate it. Its great to have such a good quad community out there helping each other out. I hope at some point I can be of assistance to someone in the future.[/quote]

Hi W,

It is ready, but I can't upload .jpg (new guy... :)
How can I send it (email..?).

JCruise said:
Thanks in advance. Everyone who has posted have been really helpful and I really do appreciate it. Its great to have such a good quad community out there helping each other out. I hope at some point I can be of assistance to someone in the future.

Okay mate, here you go...
I hope it works..! Fingers crossed. Please let me know..!

Please see link below. I uploaded it to my company website.

http://www.synergybikes.com/warren/qr_code_pv2_w.jpg

JCruise said:
JCruise said:

Code scans but doesn't work :(. When I try to connect to the camera I get the prompt ''Connection to Phantom failed' :(

walexx said:
JCruise said:
JCruise said:

Code scans but doesn't work :(. When I try to connect to the camera I get the prompt ''Connection to Phantom failed' :(

You cannot connect to the new camera using the MAC address of the old camera.

Pull_Up said:
If you email DJI support (I would suggest your dealer, but you didn't go via a dealer) they can generate QR codes for you if you give them the serial number of the camera...

I dont have a vision, but has anyone tried using the numbers below the qr code and generating a new QR code themselves with a QR code generator?

http://www.qr-code-generator.com/?PID=1 ... OgodsRQACg

I just scanned the QR code in the picture with a normal bar code scanner app for a smartphone.
The format is :
QR_Code
Type: TEXT
Metadata: Q

So i think its normal stuff.

This is what I generated with it

I'm curious if this QR code will bind your camera

Attachments

• ihr_qr_code_ohne_logo.png
    ihr_qr_code_ohne_logo.png
    346 bytes · Views: 985

Recent Posts