How to fly longer, and for a lot less money!

Innnnnnteresting...

The two 2800 mah batteries would equate to about 7.5% more energy than the stock 5200 mah. That would equate to about a minute more flight time if currently getting 15 minutes. I would stick with the convenience of the stock battery setup.

npalen said:
The two 2800 mah batteries would equate to about 7.5% more energy than the stock 5200 mah. That would equate to about a minute more flight time if currently getting 15 minutes. I would stick with the convenience of the stock battery setup.

Yes, but once your stock battery begins to puff, it would be a nice way to recycle your overpriced stock batteries. It also seems that the two 2800 mAh batteries are standard, and can be replaced with any 2800 mAh batteries?

There sure is a lot of bullsht math on the sales page.

The seller is telling us that we can mount 2 batteries right under the props obstructing some of the lift we get from the props, put 2 batteries that also weigh more combined than the stock battery, and magically get more flight time? :?

Maybe when we do hypothetical flawed math it might work out to great hypothetical flawed stats.

But for me, I'll believe it when I see it. So I clicked on the video... which shows exactly nothing. :D

Let's see 2 phantoms side by side, one with stock battery, one with this contraption. We're willing to watch 25 minutes. :D

OI Photography said:
I'd really like to see what the flight time difference is when you have a gimbal/gopro/fpv attached as well.

+1

npalen said:

as a Phantom 1 flyer, where I get maybe 6 minutes a flight all loaded up, I fly around, get the shots, and land
I'd have to say that 15 minutes is a bountiful amount to fly.

you really have to say "how long is long enough?"
unless you're really planning to fly deep over water or long distances, .. there's no point in loading up a Phantom or Phantom 2 with dual batteries, . you'll get longer total flight times with single batteries. just land and insert another battery.
Also makes it a bit easier to deal with movies as well.. having multiple flights and movies makes it easier to manage in a way.

Let me get this straight.

I send them a DJI phantom 2 battery, they whip the cap and the smarts off it, attach a couple of wires to replace the ones going to the original pair of 2S batteries, add connectors and a bit of carbon fibre and sell it back to me for US$129:00.

Nice work if can get it.

I'll wait until a battery dies and pop the top myself, thanks all the same.

Guys I have personal experience with motorcitydroneco.com and let me tell you I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!. I live here in Michigan and sent them my P2 with the h3-3d and gopro to get fitted with their FPV kit. I had MANY flights on my P2 and every one of them were flawless. First time up after i got my p2 back I lost signal at about 135m and away she went. I called MIKE the second it happened and he was NO help and didnt even say sorry for your loss. I filed a paypal claim and now as of yesterday have a lawsuit filed. BEWARE OF MIKE AND MOTOR CITY DRONE COMPANY...

I seriously doubt most of ou P2s loaded with GP/HD3D/FPV/OSD would easily take off with the extra weight, let alone fight with wind etc.

John,
I wasn’t going to respond to your other posts on this forum but since you are now publicly slandering and attempting to defame my character (both chargeable offenses mind you), I’m going to give everyone the links so they can follow the story in its entirety, and not your paraphrased version here.

Here is the link where Detroit [John] tells everyone that we answered the phone for him on a Sunday night at 9pm.
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18567&p=169361&hilit=motorcitydroneco#p169361

Here’s the link to where John is saying “he honestly doesn’t blame the Phantom” after he loses signal in a cornfield. And that we “met” him (meaning we drove an hour to pick his Phantom up and an hour to deliver it, 3 days later with FPV, where he flew in an IKEA parking lot over parked cars and people to test the FPV.) And that he spoke to Aaron, right after he flew it out of range and lost sight of his Phantom.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20225&p=184683&hilit=motorcitydroneco#p184683

Now in this post he claims that he spoke to me.

John,
I hope for the sake of your time and money, you’re joking about filing a lawsuit because, just like the Paypal dispute, it’s not going to go in your favor. When we offered to bring out the drones to help you look for it, the second you called us, maybe you should have accepted that offer, instead of the instant, “No, that won’t be necessary”. Furthermore, even though you didn’t purchase your Phantom from us, (and 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz have absolutely nothing to do with each other) I would have given you cost on whatever it was you needed to get you back in the air because of your mishap. It’s unfortunate that the next communication that we had after offering to come help you look for it was a paypal dispute (that you lost).

I am saying this publicly, we at Motor City Drone Company stand behind everything we sell or install with a money back guarantee

Here is my direct email address for anyone who has any questions, concerns or comments [email protected] or I can be reached at 844-DRONE-CO (844-376-6326)

Back to the topic at hand, this is not marketed towards the 1 or 2 battery, weekend flier or the pilot who wants to fit everything into a back-pack. This is marketed towards the small businesses, that run multiple Phantoms, with each Phantom having 6, 8, or 10 DJI batteries who fly days on end, every single week and want to save money! Extended flight time was a by product, in the effort of saving cost.

We just had some new batteries shipped to us, for us to test and I think we are leaning towards offering the kit with 3300mah batteries instead of the 2800mahs. We will have conclusive weight comparisons and flight time data, along with video after the weekend.

Stay tuned!

Mike Wright said:
Back to the topic at hand, this is not marketed towards the 1 or 2 battery, weekend flier or the pilot who wants to fit everything into a back-pack. This is marketed towards the small businesses, that run multiple Phantoms, with each Phantom having 6, 8, or 10 DJI batteries who fly days on end, every single week and want to save money! Extended flight time was a by product, in the effort of saving cost.

We just had some new batteries shipped to us, for us to test and I think we are leaning towards offering the kit with 3300mah batteries instead of the 2800mahs. We will have conclusive weight comparisons and flight time data, along with video after the weekend.

Stay tuned!

Hi mike , I'm not sure if I understand this correctly . Are you suggesting that if I pay 258$ and send you my battery for my Phantom 2 Vision + . It will enable 50 minutes of flight time?

andersonpaac said:
Mike Wright said:

Stay tuned!

Hi mike , I'm not sure if I understand this correctly . Are you suggesting that if I pay 258$ and send you my battery for my Phantom 2 Vision + . It will enable 50 minutes of flight time?

If you sent us your battery and $250, we would send you back a Smart Cap, with brackets, and (6) batteries [3 sets of 2] that you would run in tandem at a time vs. if you bought 3 of DJI's batteries, you would pay $387 for less flight time. Does that make better sense? Extended flight time was not the objective when we set out to do this, it was in effort to not spend [then] $1,590 on 10 DJI batteries! Like I said, it just so happened that longer flight time was a by product, but who doesn't want extra time in the air?

kludge

...and remember, DJI reduced the price of the smart battery to $129. If your really trying to save a buck, the Nukerc batteries are about $100 shipped (on the slowboat from China) and they are getting decent reviews.

Wind_Shear said:
Mods, isn't there something we can do to prevent people like Mike from spamming the boards?

Mike is not spamming the forum. We allow vendors to post items in the Classifieds area, which I have moved this thread to.
Also, please do your own research as to how a company preforms and do not base your determination solely on a single complaint. I know this thread has a complaint against Mike & his company but unfortunately we can not make a valid determination as we don't know the whole story.

Reactions: John N Kronyak
My bad, thanks for the clarification.

On Tapatalk the posts just show up a one long list. I didn't notice there was a vendor forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers