How to fly by the seat of your pants?

Atti is as close as GPS as it can be, and far far away from manual, private... :)
in manual its almost impossible to fly without a huge experience.
we all know what atti mode will do. It has no GPS characteristics in atti mode. He's asking how to fly it a certain way and Atti mode, for now, is as close as you can get. There's no full manual. The phantom will still fly in forward flight and be subject to wind conditions. It's not a phantom 2. But again, we are stating the obvious.

I think that you need to get a good compass reading outside and then you can bring it indoors and put it in atti mode. Why don't you try turning everything off and then booting the remote in atti mode on the switch.

So it is raining outside. I sat the bird next to a big garage door and gave it a few minutes. Got a green safe to fly message so I did. Put it in atti and tried to hover about 2 feet off the ground, it didn't, it just kept going up and up and to the left. At about 6 feet high and bumping into the garage door o the left I grabbed the landing gear and wrestled it from the air. All is well but this thing sucks flying inside a big ole steel reinforced industrial building filled with huge spinning electrically charged metal objects. Funny I can take my Hubsan and fly endlessly in the exact same spot. lol

Reactions: DroneWorxUK
It's as close as you are going to get on the P3.....chief

"It would be nice to have a bit of gyro-stabilization and maybe a little height help."

atti mode is all she's got captain.
Or you could CSC from 1500 feet and see if you are as good as you think you are after 6 whiskys LOL

So it is raining outside. I sat the bird next to a big garage door and gave it a few minutes. Got a green safe to fly message so I did. Put it in atti and tried to hover about 2 feet off the ground, it didn't, it just kept going up and up and to the left. At about 6 feet high and bumping into the garage door o the left I grabbed the landing gear and wrestled it from the air. All is well but this thing sucks flying inside a big ole steel reinforced industrial building filled with huge spinning electrically charged metal objects. Funny I can take my Hubsan and fly endlessly in the exact same spot. lol
I already told you that is what it will do. Big METAL garage door. Mine won't calibrate correctly near my garage door. You are a recipe for a DJI 2 month premier repair time. :rolleyes:

Or you could CSC from 1500 feet and see if you are as good as you think you are after 6 whiskys LOL
Hey I think the guy @witold posted could do that...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
[/QUOTE]

I already told you that is what it will do. Big METAL garage door. Mine won't calibrate correctly near my garage door. You are a recipe for a DJI 2 month premier repair time. :rolleyes:

Baby steps I'm telling ya, baby steps. Worst case I may need to put a full manual mode switch in this thing after the warranty runs out. I have a gigantic vertical hole about 300 feet down I am shooting for you know. Not sure how or if I can get the P3 to fly that hole...

we all know what atti mode will do. It has no GPS characteristics in atti mode. He's asking how to fly it a certain way and Atti mode, for now, is as close as you can get. There's no full manual. The phantom will still fly in forward flight and be subject to wind conditions. It's not a phantom 2. But again, we are stating the obvious.
Well, I don't think you know what manual mode is if you compare it to atti. simple as that. If you fly manual you will have to deal with much more than drifting in the wind!

Nope. (or are you going to tell us that the phantom 3 has VPS?)
If you modify your answers after I posted mine , I can do the same.... So once for all, what is your experience flying in manual mode? I mean, manual mode, and how does it compare to atti?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help @delirious, I just wonder where the idea you can fly inside came from. Metal is everywhere, in almost all buildings, and it seems to effect the P3 considerably.

Metal affects compass calibration. If you are flying indoors, the VPS takes over. Regardless of metal

Metal affects compass calibration. If you are flying indoors, the VPS takes over. Regardless of metal

I could not get the compass to calibrate indoors and I could not fly without calibrating the compass. If you have an Idea I am all ears?

When it stops raining. Go outside. Calibrate away from metal objects. Make sure your mod value reads around 1500. ( you might not have to do this if you use P-opti).

Take it back inside your home. Make sure remote is on P-opti mode. It uses vps when gps is not available. Make sure VPS is enabled in the pilot app

In atti mode, does the phantom still hover at whatever elevation you are at when you leave the stick at center or do you have to constantly be on the elevation stick?
Yes, it does. It's only affected by the wind in atti mode but should maintain altitude

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers