HOW TO: Fix unstable Phantom 3 remote controller tablet mount

I just got my inspire mount and put it on my controller. There is no question in my mind that it is better than the plastic one. I tightened my plastic one down as much as I could and it was still wobbly.

Thumb tight on the front piece of the inspire mount and its rock solid.

To each their own. Personally, actually having both, I am happier with the inspire mount and I am not convinced that the same stability can be had with the plastic mount.

I agree with this.

Reactions: dalebb
Extra tightening on the back bolt as suggested before was not working for me. I just added 5/16in Nylon Washer from Home Depot and tightened by hand. Mount feels solid now. No wobble.

Reactions: dalebb and ctp
Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Be carfull guys......tried to tightned up the front screw with pliers. Just put a little presure and the thing broke. Now it is fixed but cannot unscrew it.

Be aware how fragile it is

User Error......how many of You does it take to change a light bulb....Oh wait....i bet you pay someone to change it or better yet change the fixture and wiring too....I'll bet you've never heard the phrase "you're so smart!" from anyone not related. Stay in your lane Justin

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but the light bulb must really want, to change... ;-)

I love a good arguement, when I'm not in it..

Thanks for the cheap entertainment...

RedHotPoker

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but the light bulb must really want, to change... ;-)

I love a good arguement, when I'm not in it..

Thanks for the cheap entertainment...

RedHotPoker
Oh you missed some of my better comebacks....moderator no likey lol....
always one in the chamber though ;)

louforgiveno,
Sir, I already know exactly how you feel, about the forum mods and their thread censorship.
I posted a pic a few days ago, that was pulled down. With a rather blunt comment left, why?

I guess the power of authority can go to some folks head.
Thankfully they aren't armed and dangerous here, like some other forums I frequented.
Ah, but I have already quit, giving them anymore, of my precious free time, too.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: louforgiveno
Thanks OP, for the heads up about the Inspire 1 metal tablet mount.
I called the local hobby shop and have already ordered one for my Tx. Thankfully two of those mounts, have already been sent up to the Mississauga store, so mine shouldn't take too awfully long to get shipped up to me in Alberta.
Now if the awesome Phantom 3 Pro' would only show up!!
It will be Soon, very soon.

Now try and imagine a forum, without the helpful Moderators??
The Wild West comes to mind, and look at all the Clint pics, and other Hollywood Cowboys showing up here. Ok, Say it with me, Yaaaa~Hooo!!

RedHotPoker

I don't think the power gets to any of our heads. Our #1 goal is to keep the forum friendly in order to kindle the most informative discussion possible. Personal attacks just dont help with this goal. If you want to chat about something in a way that we dont allow in our Community Rules, feel free to start a private conversation with that member or continue the chat off of our site.

I can not imagine a friendly forum, without guidelines and rules.
Your job is obviously a difficult one at times, and we all understand this.

I suppose it's the wording that can be misinterpreted.
I don't mind friendly debate, with banter, but the nasty insultive manner in which some members can resort to, is uncalled for.

And I agree, the pic that I posted was a bit much for them sensitive viewers here, to handle mentally. So they ***** and complain enough, and the mods pull it down. I got my point across with it, and that's all that I was attempting to accomplish, not upset your apple cart. & Not to freak out the immature, or upset those with sleep maladies...
I dream just fine, regardless of my www interests.
Bit of background:
At the ripe old age of twenty, I worked at our University Hospital in the housekeeping department. That is basically the janitorial group.
My first task every morning at 7:00am sharp, was to sweep and mop the autopsy suite and morgue area. So I have nearly already seen it all, and witnessed several gruesome accident scenes throughout my tenor.
A little blood and flesh has never upset me.
If you are able to hunt big or small game, you gut and bleed your quarry. No different really. But I understand the situation here. Not a place for that kind of eye opener.

RedHotPoker

After much debate I purchased the Inspire tax holder because I was in fear that my iPad Air would wobble off the tx because of the flimsyness of the stock remote. I should have done this from the start because it is 100x better and I feel that the iPad is secure on the TX because the stem is full aluminum and not plastic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 512
Reactions: clkilljoy and jlo
I ordered one today as well.
Curious, does it contain only the screw, driver and metal bit, or does it come with the white plastic holder as well.
Local Great Hobbies, my fav. shop, quoted me $39 Canadian, which seems a bit excessive for a bit of aluminum... But if it's a safer and better secure fit, count me in, reluctantly.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: clkilljoy
I ordered one today as well.
Curious, does it contain only the screw, driver and metal bit, or does it come with the white plastic holder as well.
Local Great Hobbies, my fav. shop, quoted me $39 Canadian, which seems a bit excessive for a bit of aluminum... But if it's a safer and better secure fit, count me in, reluctantly.

RedHotPoker

It comes with the holder as well. Full assembly.

I've tightened mine down so much that if I go any further, it "will" crack the plastic, and there is still some wobble. Better than before, but not wobble-free. I may order the Inspire holder............. it's just really expensive at $50 shipped.

Thanks MSINGER for the post. I just picked up an iPad Air 2 since a single flight was completely draining the battery on my Galaxy Note 8, and the plastic P3 mount does not instill a lot of confidence with a full 10 inch tablet. Interesting that pricing direct from DJI is $30 while Amazon is $50.

Thing is
why metal on the inspire remote and plastic on the p3 one
cut cost not efficiency and cutting cost on lots of things affects us all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers