How to fix a vibrating / shaking / crazy P2V+ camera gimbal

Re: How to fix a vibrating / shaking / crazy P2V+ camera gim

Hi guys,

Unfortunately i crashed my phantom and have the same issue. Camera has rotated against the x axis pin. I have no damaged parts and no bent parts. My props are perfect. it was the smallest crash. When i unscrewed the back like the forum suggest i alligned the pins flat surface. it seems to be the problem im having. it worked for a bit and started going crazy again. i did not use jb weld yet. i will be taking it to a technician to fix the problem.

Can install a different gimbal on my pv2+? can i switch to a zenmuse gimbal? is it easy to switch?

Thanks for putting this together dcarey. This will provide a fix that should work for a few flights. Perhaps someone will find some time to create a video that demonstrates seperating the housing from the motor to show how to provide a permanent fix with some epoxy like JB Weld. I'll see if I can put one together.

I too experienced the spastic camera dance after an unintended meeting with a tree. Was dreading having to buy a new gimbal until I found this link. Took the gimbal off the bird, and easily pulled the camera away from the magnets. Spent $5 on JB weld, carefully realigned the axle, and welded and clamped the joint together. Let it sit overnight, reassembled everything and it's flying like a champ!

Thank you so much for this post. Certainly saved me a ton of $$$!

Search this site last night endlessly trying to find a fix, and again this morning. Finally gave up about 9 am and ordered a new Gimbal and Camera. Got notice at 1pm saying it was shipped. At 3 pm found these posts.Went home and tried the fix. WALA all is good. Oh well I have a spare Gimbal anyway. Great Post with detailed instructions.

Wouldn't this be considered proper alignment? Still get the shakes when powered up. Did I read or follow something wrong?

-TJ

Attachments

• 1409148300941.jpg
    1409148300941.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 999

Looks like it's still out of alignment just a little but wouldn't think enough to cause the "jitters".

How did you remove the axl? With force?

Thank you for the post. I followed your instruction last night and fixed my dancing camera issue. I did have difficulty reattaching the camera to the shaft (Photo A) it seems like this is a press fit and I could not clamp it in such away that I could press it together ( I performed the fix while still attached to the P2V+). I placed a small dab of lock tight in the hole the shaft goes into, and held it tight with a spring clamp overnight, Seems pretty solid today. Did a short test flight this morning and still have the buttery smooth video. Did a semi hard landing (not a crash, but a harder landing than I would prefer) to test out robustness and all is still in working order. I think DJI could have done a better job designing this to hold up a little better. I guess you-get-what-you-get when you buy a new product. Again thanks for the post, saved me ALOT of money as I was contemplating buying the replacement camera/gimbal from DJI.

Hi, I can't seem to pull away the camera from the magnets, it's not loose at all. When I open op the other side the alignment seems right and I can't twist it either. Looks like I have to search my problem in another area? The Y axl?

well... DJI really sucks... dont buy this version (Vision PLUS)... previous version might be better or simple look for other brand... Im planning to hardly crash my vision to in order to destroy it.

Hi d,
It could be the cable slightly pulled from one or more of its socket connections. Check that. If not that then if the flex ribbon cable is stretched by a tree branch or whatever, it can break a copper trace internally requiring a cable replacement.
Cheers,
Jim

drumboy said:
Hi, I can't seem to pull away the camera from the magnets, it's not loose at all. When I open op the other side the alignment seems right and I can't twist it either. Looks like I have to search my problem in another area? The Y axl?

drumboy said:

Same problem here. The pitch motor seems to struggle a little bit, and I cant get to the screw that is holding the camera because of the ribbon cable. I saw the pics a few pages earlier of this being done with the cable on, but mine seems tighter.

I have a same issue I recorded an image from vendors place and I saw when I brought back to my town from vendor's place.
He seem to be non-responsive or not know how to solve. So hoping to follow this thread to do it my own.

file.php

file.php

I still have this problem, and the shaft is rock solid, not slipping. I also checked the ribbon cable connections to the differenct PCB's and they seem well seated in. What else can the problem be?

Hi T,
Normally the gimbal problems reside in one or more of these areas:

1. Check all the motor shafts for correct alignment and for loose or wallowed out magnet hub shaft hole. Fix per previous instructions.
2. Check the flex ribbon cable is not stretched, bent or torn which indicates replacement or micro repair surgery for the cable.
3. Check individually for continuity of all the grey gimbal wires and connections to the hub. Replace and repair as necessary.
3. Check all flex ribbon cable connections for proper insertion alignment. Re-insert as necessary. (requires teardown of gimbal)
5. Check for bent arms. Fix or replace as necessary.
6. Check for loose components on all three of the pcbs. Requires magnification and solder station for re-flow fix.

Cheers,
Jim

Trazor said:
I still have this problem, and the shaft is rock solid, not slipping. I also checked the ribbon cable connections to the differenct PCB's and they seem well seated in. What else can the problem be?

My Gimbal goes crazy today, after a little upside land ( crash )

When P2V+ starts the gimbal goes to all way horizontal and vertical.

I really freak out oOOO

After read all this messages from the first page, i have fixed the problems

1 - I made the correct alligment of the horizontal motor behinhd the CAMERA ( Mine is loose soo easy ). So i glue it with the paper glue ( after i will use screw glue )

2 - I made the correct alligment of the horizontal motor from the upper of the camera gimbal ( LEFT / RIGHT )

Tested it in a little flight and all goes fine for now...

Thanks all people for the replies, It help me a lot :D

I followed your instructions, tore down the whole gimbal assebly, carefully checking for any damage on any of the components, and boy I'll tell you... Absolutely no difference. Still acts like it has an epileptic seizure.

Some sort of diagnostic software would be awesome, so you'd at least know where to look.

Jesolins said:
Hi T,

1. Check all the motor shafts for correct alignment and for loose or wallowed out magnet hub shaft hole. Fix per previous instructions.
2. Check the flex ribbon cable is not stretched, bent or torn which indicates replacement or micro repair surgery for the cable.
3. Check individually for continuity of all the grey gimbal wires and connections to the hub. Replace and repair as necessary.
3. Check all flex ribbon cable connections for proper insertion alignment. Re-insert as necessary. (requires teardown of gimbal)
6. Check for loose components on all three of the pcbs. Requires magnification and solder station for re-flow fix.

Cheers,
Jim

Hi T,
Are you positive it is not an internal break in the the cable? That can be difficult to determine without doing a pin-out continuity continuity check, which is tedious but worthwhile to do. Did you reflow the pcbs?
Cheers,
Jim
Trazor said:
I followed your instructions, tore down the whole gimbal assebly, carefully checking for any damage on any of the components, and boy I'll tell you... Absolutely no difference. Still acts like it has an epileptic seizure.

Some sort of diagnostic software would be awesome, so you'd at least know where to look.

Jesolins said:
Hi T,

Cheers,
Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.