How to find your phantom 3pro if it crashes out of sight

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was flying yesterday in a huge maize field of more than 1 mile.... I wasn't watching the phantom as I it was flying very far above that maize and I was using just the phone app.

I was wondering what would it happen if it crashed in the middle of the maize or somewhere else but is so far that I didn't see where did it crashed... is there any way in which I could find where is it and recover it?.

Does the application leave a log file with all sort of information of the flight (such as position, speed, etc?). How could I access and read such a log file?.

Thanks so much!

Go to healthy drones website. You can upload the log file from your phone or tablet. It puts an overlay on Google maps but no doubt you can do that with the dji app unless it crashed.

Reactions: kupua
If the signal was not lost, you can locate your Phantom by going to the last location on the map within the DJI GO app. If you flew out of range, then your best bet would be to track it down with a GPS tracker. The Trackimo tracker is a good option. You can find others here.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobmyers
Before you purchase any tracking device, consider where you fly frequently. Tracking devices that depend on cellular service will not work in areas with no cellular coverage. In those cases a self contained, independent tracking solution is better. Marco Polo for example.

Reactions: Reed L
Great info guys.
OK I found the folder with my logs in the app... I guess is the one saying "FlightRecord" which are text files?.

How can I use those txt files?
Can I find the log on the map with my phone/application for example when I am in the field one day later?. How can I see those files in the application?.

Also can I see them in google maps or so?.

Trying to explore the potential on this at the mo....

I did it and it's very cool. But... Any way to check any of those txt files on the app itself when I am in the field with no 3G?.
Or to put them in Google earth/maps or so?

LOL, did you happen to see the thread posted by the guy whose Phantom got eaten up by a thresher? There wasn't a piece left that wouldn't fit into a shotglass. Oh the horror. If yours ever goes down in a maize (what we call corn) field you'll have to find it before the thresher does. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik