how to factory reset the controller?

Reaction score
i need to reinstall the firmware to fix a corrupt one. anyone know how i might be able to do this? i saw a video where a drone was reset... has anyone done it with a controller?

i don't believe you can install a corrupt firmware. it either is successful or it fails. if it fails, doing another update will essentially reinstall it.

i need to reinstall the firmware to fix a corrupt one. anyone know how i might be able to do this? i saw a video where a drone was reset... has anyone done it with a controller?
Have you heard of expo and gain...???
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444258676.753192.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444258693.617068.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444258706.086352.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444258716.086565.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444258724.354754.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bobmyers
i don't believe you can install a corrupt firmware. it either is successful or it fails. if it fails, doing another update will essentially reinstall it.

The firmware was currupted beta testing an mapping app. Because I had to run them together. Now I need to re-install the firmware to fix a minor issue with the camera wheel.

The firmware was currupted beta testing an mapping app. Because I had to run them together. Now I need to re-install the firmware to fix a minor issue with the camera wheel.
Oh. You failed to mention that part...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Oh. You failed to mention that part...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

actually i mentioned it in the video :) still there should be a way to do a hard reset to factory defaults no?

actually i mentioned it in the video :) still there should be a way to do a hard reset to factory defaults no?
I don't watch videos because youtube is blocked by my employer. That said, generally yes, but so far no one has been able to factory reset the bird... the controller is ancillary and doesn't matter 99% of the time.

was this ever answered?
how to do factory reset the phantom 3 professional remote controller?
Downgrade-p3p.zip has a program that is SUPPOSED to allow you to recover from a botched firmware update. However, it doesn't seem to work anymore. I suspect that's because you should just be able to load a valid firmware image and have it work no matter what state the aircraft is in.

gs_ofdm.bin is a program that is supposed to do the same for the RC. Again, I've not had it do much recently but I have always been able up install the newer firmwares (but you can only go back one version, thanks DJI...)

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Downgrade-P3P.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,386
  • gs_ofdm.bin.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,041
Reactions: Francisp3p
Downgrade-p3p.zip has a program that is SUPPOSED to allow you to recover from a botched firmware update. However, it doesn't seem to work anymore. I suspect that's because you should just be able to load a valid firmware image and have it work no matter what state the aircraft is in.

gs_ofdm.bin is a program that is supposed to do the same for the RC. Again, I've not had it do much recently but I have always been able up install the newer firmwares (but you can only go back one version, thanks DJI...)

Hope it helps.
let me try this... I have seen many have done it this way but you are the first to supply the zip. hanks for that.. let me try right now

just to be clear... is this to downgrade? becasue my app is up to date>? my aircraft is up to date. what i need is to be able to install 1.3.20.. in my rmeote controller... i never updated all my firmwares.. i didnt feel the need to....

im about to do something im comfortable doing, i just want to be clear of he outcome...
can you please elaborate what these files will do?

anyone out there? read previous post.

WHy no method for updating the remote controller works?

I tried sticking a thumbdrive, additional micro sd cards and adaptors.. nothing seems to work... I am trying to get my remote controller for my phantom 3 updated since my dji go all is the most recent and my phantom 3 has Fimrware version 1.06, the latest is 1.07 but it wasn't working so I was able to downgrade to 1.06
I have no video feed on my mini ipad

I have no video feed on my mini ipad
Try reinstalling DJI GO. If that does not resolve the issue, then please let us know which version of the firmware you have installed on your remote controller.

BTW, you cannot install the remote controller firmware via a memory card after installing 1.3. If needed, you can find detailed installation instructions here.

Last edited:
Try reinstalling DJI GO. If that does not resolve the issue, then please let us know which version of the firmware you have installed on your remote controller.

BTW, you cannot installing the remote controller firmware via a memory card after installing 1.3. If needed, you can find detailed installation instructions here.

Hello, i already tried reinstallig dji go app 5 times and resetting miniipad also, what is weird is that for 5 seconds i was able to get camera view and i saw the firmware warning message saying that i needed to install 1.3.20 on the remote controller, so if you ask me what version i have on remote controller i really dont know, im one of those who never updated the remote controller.

I want to sell this thing!! Anyone interested?
Fyi i live in copan ruinas, honduras,

I'd like to sell my PS3 with my hard shell backpack and get the PS4. Going to see how much I can get for mine on eBay!

Anyone interested in my p3p that i dont know how to update the fw on the rc?

I am just about done with this crap!! This has made me hate dji products! I freaking hate them!!!

Hope it helps.
can i do this to my P3A?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20