P3 Firmware How to downgrade Standard Firmware using the new go app? (FW 1.7.9 nightmare)

Yes there is Y2KGTA...i tried doing the upgrade & my camera went crazy & failed the upgrade/update. Now when i turn on my p3s it just beeps like crazy . Im a newbie so i am at lost right now. Did the failed update ruin my p3s?

Well...i was going to do a night time fly so i did the normal start up. When i went onto the dji app it said on there that the is an update so i went back inside the house & started the update. A few minutes into the update my camera started going into spasm & the drone just started beeping. The update got to about 50% or so & gave me a upgrade failed. So i turned off the drone. I went to touch the camera & it was super hot. I let everything cool down for a little bit while i did some research. A good 15-20 mins passed so i tried turning the drone back on & now its just doing an annoying beeping sound.

Is this how you did it .Not the one I was looking for but you get the idea .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK if you have tried that several times with the same results you got me . Mine have always went the first time .
Someone that has had this will have to step in as I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you Jon .
I will see if I can find someone that has had your issue chime in to get you through this .

Reactions: jon_snow2177
My upgrade failed at 99% camera also went crazy. I have tried several attempts to reinstall the previous firmware that worked perfectly before this nightmare upgrade. When I look at the sd card it said the install was successful but the controller still says I am using the latest firmware that failed. I reinstalled the firmware from the Dji help firmware archives. All I want to do is get back to the 1.7.90 version so I can fly again. How do I get te controller to match up with my original firmware? How many times can a sd card be formatted before it goes bad? It's a 32gig.?I have a MacBook Air computer and I am using a iphone6 plus for flight. Any help would be great . Anybody fly these things in my area for help? Celebration fl Thanks

might try This Jon,I would also try keeping a fan blowing on the bottom of the drone to maybe help keep it cool.

Reactions: dirkclod
might try This Jon,I would also try keeping a fan blowing on the bottom of the drone to maybe help keep it cool.
Jon, mine never started with the loud noise it just said firmware failed and to reinstall. I can't get a thing to come up again with that update I don't know where to find it. So I went to the download archives and tried to install the 1.7.90 version hoping that would work.

here is another one

Good morning phantom pilots. Thank you for all the help & advices. Greatly appreciate it. I'm really hoping that this is an easy fix & that I don't have to send my p3s to dji to get fixed since I have read horror stories about their turn around time & customer service.
Y2KGTA thank you for the video...I will try it when I get home from work. I will update later if my uav is back in good working status. Thanks again.

Reactions: Y2KGTA
Well I just wanted to try the hat trick but no luck either. It says I have the previous version 1.7.90 when connected to controller only. Select firmware version( None) also a long list of numbers under the (Download) when I press the long list of #'s Tips uuid copied appear . Then when Turn on the phantom the Dji app changes the current version to 1.8.10. From the 1.7.90. All in the same window for the upgrade downgrade download window 6s plus iPhone. Really baffled and do not know what to try next.

I can't fly it when I get The old version firmware on the controller when the phantom is off and then the new version software appears when the phantom is on can I?

FINALLY!!!!!! After about 4 more tries on the upgrade & uninstall/reinstall the djigo app...my p3s is finally back in business!!!! Update/upgrade complete!!! Whew!!! Mahalo again for everyone's help!!!

Reactions: Y2KGTA and dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31