How to downgrade firmware ver1.8.10 !

Reaction score
I have tried everything !! Took apart the remote ! Tried to downgrade the firmware ! Ever since update !! Drone will loose signal at around 400ft and say remote signal lost! It used to fly 1500ft or more !! Any ideas ! I don't know what else to do ! I have even opened up the remote to inspect the antenna wire !

I have tried everything !! Took apart the remote ! Tried to downgrade the firmware ! Ever since update !! Drone will loose signal at around 400ft and say remote signal lost! It used to fly 1500ft or more !! Any ideas ! I don't know what else to do ! I have even opened up the remote to inspect the antenna wire !
Sorry, this is a Pro/Adv forum, so I am not familiar with P3S versions. Are you trying to downgrade the RC firmware for your P3S?

If so, have you tried the standard "graduation cap" method? It works for the P3P/P3A RCs. As far as I know it should also work for a P3S RC, but I can't promise.

- Connect your RC to your mobile device.
- On the DJI Home screen, there is a graduation cap (academy icon) in the upper right corner.
- Please hold that icon for about 5 seconds and a downgrade screen should appear.

Reactions: JoBe
Yes I tried that method and when it says downgrade firmware!! It is a blank spot! Won't let me downgrade the firmware !! Only reason I want to downgrade the firmware is because all the sudden I have very low remote signal!! On my p3s I even tried the method using the memory card off the phantom help website where it has the firmware archive !! But it won't work !! It may be possible that something is going wrong with drone causing signal loss it says remote signal loss on screen! but I noticed the wifi signal will still have good signal ! I'm not that knowledgeable about these drones so it could be just me ! But either way I just want to get my distance back ! And thanks for the help !!

My god I am sorry I just seen I put this in pro advanced! I live out with low signal and use a cell phone so I didn't even notice cause I was in a hurry !!

I would hazard to think the P3S an the P3P are the same in regards to the RC firmware downgrade.
If you wish to downgrade your RC firmware, go into the front screen of the DJIGO app and at the top right hand side of the page you need to push and hold the menu, ( three lines ), to view the available downgrade options. You need to be all connected up for this to occur, and hopefully you will see the download options.
I did this as I lost video after I upgraded to 1.8.0. Had to downgrade to 1.6.0.
I am using DJIGO 3.1.3. Hope it works for you.

I would hazard to think the P3S an the P3P are the same in regards to the RC firmware downgrade.
If you wish to downgrade your RC firmware, go into the front screen of the DJIGO app and at the top right hand side of the page you need to push and hold the menu, ( three lines ), to view the available downgrade options. You need to be all connected up for this to occur, and hopefully you will see the download options.
I did this as I lost video after I upgraded to 1.8.0. Had to downgrade to 1.6.0.
Maybe I'm not understanding, but isn't this the same suggestion that was made earlier and the OP said it didn't work? Am I missing something?

This doesn't work on the p3s,you have to manually downgrade the firmware. What worked for my p3s was to power it up with no sd card and once it's all booted up put the sd with the firmware on it in the camera. I just titled the drone until the camera was at an angle that allowed me to install it.

Are you trying to downgrade the RC firmware for your P3S? If so, have you tried the standard "graduation cap" method?

Yes I tried that method and when it says downgrade firmware!! It is a blank spot!

This doesn't work on the p3s,you have to manually downgrade the firmware. What worked for my p3s was to power it up with no sd card and once it's all booted up put the sd with the firmware on it in the camera. I just titled the drone until the camera was at an angle that allowed me to install it.

@xxxntwv - are you saying that the way to downgrade the RC firmware on a P3S is to put the firmware on an SD card and put it in the camera? I still feel as though a P3S RC downgrade should work with the routine graduation cap method, but as I said before this is the Pro/Adv forum and I'm not certain about the P3S. Are you sure you are not talking about the P3S firmware?

I guess this is another example of why there are separate forums for the Pro/Adv and for the Standard/4k. There are too many differences and too much chance of giving and/or reading incorrect info.

Last edited:
@xxxntwv - are you saying that the way to downgrade the RC firmware on a P3S is to put the firmware on an SD card and put it in the camera? I still feel as though a P3S RC downgrade should work with the routine graduation cap method, but as I said before this is the Pro/Adv forum and I'm not certain about the P3S. Are you sure you are not talking about the P3S firmware?

I guess this is another example of why there are separate forums for the Pro/Adv and for the Standard/4k. There are too many differences and too much chance of giving and/or reading incorrect info.

I'm almost positive that the bird and rc have to be done together. Every time I've tried the graduation method in the standard the firmware options were blank.

Must be something more to do if i click the graduation cap it says this
f1cd5ed573fd33f543f8b3ff8a7578a0.jpg

I put the firmware on the sd card and tried and and I seen where you can check the downgrade and this is what it says
b5a7061e56f756042c75fb3c517729e9.jpg

Thank you finally I understand I been trying everything lol !! Makes perfect sense now !!! Hopefully going back just one will fix my problem ! I did check the antenna in drone where it plugs to board ! But if nothing else maybe it's the antenna on drone !! And also maybe I just need to upgrade antennas ! I would love better range anyway if all else fails I just might try that !! And again thank y'all for the help and sorry for the bad punctuation !!

Reactions: xxxntwv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20