How to down grade?

Reaction score
Ready to try down grading both P3P and its controller in a final attempt to fix my intermittent video loss problem. I'm using a iPad mini4 with 2.4.1 Go App and iOS 9.1.
Is it possible to get both the RC and AC back to 1.3.2 ( I think that is the version) ?
I know I'll lose the F mode flight extras but I'm ok with that. Also, will 1.3.2 work with the latest Go App? I figure it will tell me updates are required but I'll just ignore them. Thanks guys.

Ready to try down grading both P3P and its controller in a final attempt to fix my intermittent video loss problem. I'm using a iPad mini4 with 2.4.1 Go App and iOS 9.1.
Is it possible to get both the RC and AC back to 1.3.2 ( I think that is the version) ?
I know I'll lose the F mode flight extras but I'm ok with that. Also, will 1.3.2 work with the latest Go App? I figure it will tell me updates are required but I'll just ignore them. Thanks guys.
I think you can still downgrade the AC to 1.3.2 simply by putting the older FW on the card and then the same process as when you update FW.

I haven't seen that anyone has been able to downgrade the RC, though many have tried. There have been several threads on that very topic. I recall one reader who just gave up and bought a new RC that had the prior FW.

I believe the problem with iPad Mini is IOS9 compatibility with the Go App, any version. When pilots went from 8.4 IOS to 9.X with Mini 2 or 3 it was reported they had issues like yours. I heard DJI is aware of the Go app issues with IOS9.X but to my knowledge haven't fixed it yet. I think there are some pilots successfully flying with iOS9, but have no idea what percentage are OK with it. I'm not upgrading my iPad Mini2 to IOS9 for this exact reason, not until people report the Go App has been fixed to run better with it.

One reported better luck when the memory in the iPad isn't close to being full. If you have a 16GB version and have the memory close to full, this has been reported an issue. I'm not sure why, but it might have to do with the Go app storing your video in the library, burping when it has nowhere to store it (just a guess). My iPad is dedicated to flying and I've used 20GB of the 64GB (actually 55.8GB) available. All of the bloatware and OS take up about 8-9GB on a new iPad, so a 16GB unit leaves only about 7GB free to use, and I've used 20GB in 110 flights and 150mi of flight. Also, make sure all other apps are shut down (I assume you've tried that).

Last edited:
I believe the problem with iPad Mini is IOS9 compatibility with the Go App, any version. When pilots went from 8.4 IOS to 9.X with Mini 2 or 3 it was reported they had issues like yours. I heard DJI is aware of the Go app issues with IOS9.X but to my knowledge haven't fixed it yet. I think there are some pilots successfully flying with iOS9, but have no idea what percentage are OK with it. I'm not upgrading my iPad Mini2 to IOS9 for this exact reason, not until people report the Go App has been fixed to run better with it.

One reported better luck when the memory in the iPad isn't close to being full. If you have a 16GB version and have the memory close to full, this has been reported an issue. I'm not sure why, but it might have to do with the Go app storing your video in the library, burping when it has nowhere to store it (just a guess). My iPad is dedicated to flying and I've used 20GB of the 64GB (actually 55.8GB) available. All of the bloatware and OS take up about 8-9GB on a new iPad, so a 16GB unit leaves only about 7GB free to use, and I've used 20GB in 110 flights and 150mi of flight. Also, make sure all other apps are shut down (I assume you've tried that).
With that in mind, I might be better off sitting tight and waiting for the fix from DJI. So far I always have control and all flights work as they should with the exception of the intermittent lost video problem. It sure is easier then reloading old versions of software. Thanks.

I have iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.1. I am using it exclusively for P3A. I see no issues with the latest SW.

I really wonder whats that parameter/s that makes others unable to use latest iOS on iPad Mini. Is the issue with P3 or with RC + App? It can be analyzed only if one tries different combinations of RC, iPad and same P3. One thing is for sure that DJIs SW update utilities are not reliable and the best way to update is to delete old App, reboot and install new and reboot.

I have iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.1. I am using it exclusively for P3A. I see no issues with the latest SW.

I really wonder whats that parameter/s that makes others unable to use latest iOS on iPad Mini. Is the issue with P3 or with RC + App? It can be analyzed only if one tries different combinations of RC, iPad and same P3. One thing is for sure that DJIs SW update utilities are not reliable and the best way to update is to delete old App, reboot and install new and reboot.
Yes, I wonder that too. I have noticed that my iPad Mini2 will lose video when the air temp is over 90F, it overheats and I have to cool it down between flights and it lasts most of the next flight. So overheating is an issue with my Mini2. Hugh-1, you might want to test that theory if you're operating in the 80F range. Freeze one of those soft reusable ice packs used for lunch boxes and see if cooling the back of your ipad helps at all. I doubt if that's the issue, but it's something simple to test if you're looking for ideas.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20