How to do better videos!?

Reaction score
How do I do to get a smoother panning when taking a 360 horizontal view with the PV2.
Maybe the word panning is not correct but I hope you understand my question :lol:

vagspel said:
How do I do to get a smoother panning when taking a 360 horizontal view with the PV2.
Maybe the word panning is not correct but I hope you understand my question :lol:

You just have to turn slowly. You can get smoother video, albeit with less resolution, if you set your camera to 720p*60fps.

OK I will try these setting but still the problem is that it is very difficult to turn slow or maybe I am not gentle enough on the stick :)

vagspel said:
OK I will try these setting but still the problem is that it is very difficult to turn slow or maybe I am not gentle enough on the stick :)

Instead of grasping the top of the sticks, try using your thumb or finger at the base of the stick.

One learns as long as one has pupils :-D
Will give it a try as soon as there is less wind, today 14m/s !!

Make sure you use a lanyard on the controller so your neck is taking the controller weight.

slowing the video panning rate is quite easy, it just takes patients and practice. Most of the time I use the upper part of the control
but as suggested by other forum members, using the lower part is easier to get to grips with.

Below is a portion of a video taken by my P2VP last week doing a 360deg pan, some was done with forward momentum.

The original video is silky smooth, the compression I have used is causing the jerkiness... I will have to use a different codec to upload to Youtube

http://youtu.be/CxtZ6hmqEak

Don't know if you are referring to my video, if so, thank you. My first flight was over 10 minutes at this site and I thought I had some outstanding footage over the water etc, when I landed I noticed I did not hit record... unfortunately my time was limited there :shock:

Yes, DownunderPhantom, it was your clip I was referring to :)

Your video is also great Vagspel.

I have also found that if you want a very smooth camera tilt, use the function that enables the Ipad, android etc (gyro symbol in the app) to control the tilt using the shaded area. It takes a lot of getting used to but the results are far superior to the up and down arrows.

One technique that I have found that makes pans much smoother in addition to the technique of using the thumb and forefinger on the control stick, is to move or "slide" the copter left or right as the pan is being made. Very much the same technique as would be used to circle the subject of a video while keeping it in the center of view.

You will be basically centering on a point with the camera and rotating the copter around this center focal point. The background beyond this point ie the panoramic landscape will pan through at a rate that is very pleasing to the eye.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair