How to disable Control Stick Command for Stopping The Motors

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable this so one doesn't accidentally do that midflight? i am looking to do a lot of panning shots and am afraid that I may unintentionally be holding the sticks in the combination that may turn off the motors. is there a way to disable that? Also I am using Mode 1 for the flight sticks. I find that after playing FPS for so many years, it's a little difficult to adjust to Mode 2.

Thanks!

Reactions: CyberAthlete
I'm surprised why they can't add that feature in the app. Or would not even include it. Not sure what the reasoning behind that is.

If I were to land the drone, I can pull down the throttle control for the blades completely down without worrying that they will shut off? In my cheaper drones ($20-$40) doing that meant the blades pretty much would stop spinning and those drones would start free falling until I raised the power to the blades to prevent that from happening. Does it work similarly in the Phantom 3 Pro? Or it just slows them down enough so the drone is descending at a faster rate but not prone to free-falling. Thanks!

Once you are airborne CSC becomes an Emergency stop.

Once you have flown a while you'll see how unlikely you'll ever perform that combination while filming (or flying for that matter).

There are dozens of threads regarding the debate about this here on this forum.

Reactions: CyberAthlete
I'm surprised why they can't add that feature in the app. Or would not even include it. Not sure what the reasoning behind that is.

As stated this is your airborne "Kill Switch". Should you get into a situation where the "normal descent" rate is not enough you might have to ditch the aircraft to save life & limb. In that situation CSC is your Emergency Stop on the motors which will give the best rate of descent (as in falling like a rock).

The CSC is there to "brick" the drone in an emergency, for those of us in the sticks, like when a crop-duster pops up and is heading toward your drone. FAA requires us to get out of the way of manned traffic, even at the cost of the drone. If you do it, assume the drone is a total loss. If you strike a manned aircraft, drone is still a total loss - and the fines are outrageous.

Just out of curiosity, (and I'm sure I could try this out in the simulator);
what sort of descent occurs when the left stick (throttle) is held all the way back to minimum?
Say in a minimum throttle descent from 110 ft to 10 ft, is the Phantom falling, descending or sort of both?
Assuming throttle is restored, roughly how much distance is needed to stop the residual descent inertia in a 100 ft descent?
Will the Phantom be able to stop and hover still above ground level?

Max descent speed is spec-ed a 3m/s.

It is a controlled descent limited to prevent VRS or flying into down-wash thus inducing an uncontrolled descent.

Recovery distance to hover is about half that (1.5m).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic