How to disable beginner mode

Reaction score
I can't find any videos to show how to not be in beginner mode

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Deselect beginner mode on DJI Go app, thats it.

well, where is it?? I found a slide switch, but it will not stay in the off position. Neither will the distance limit switch. (This is on the MC settings page). Could this be because I do not have the controller hooked onto the tablet? Nor do I have the quad turned on.

Last edited:
well, where is it?? I found a slide switch, but it will not stay in the off position. Neither will the distance limit switch. (This is on the MC settings page.
Try it while connected to your Phantom.

Reactions: JoBe
I'm having the same problem. When the app starts I see the "beginner mode" checked but it doesn't "uncheck."

That link just brings me back to this thread.
Exactly. It brings you to a post only two above yours that suggests trying to disable beginner mode while connected to your Phantom. Did you try that? Any luck?

I made another thread about it and a screen was posted that helped, so now I'm no longer limited to 90 feet, though I'm a little squeamish right now about sending it much higher.

Reactions: Oso
I made another thread about it and a screen was posted that helped, so now I'm no longer limited to 90 feet, though I'm a little squeamish right now about sending it much higher.
Regardless of which mode you are in, it's never a good idea to fly where you are uncomfortable. Take your time, and let range and height expand as you gain experience. Nobody flies out 2000 meters and 100 meters high on their first flights. And give yourself time to become familiar with the app settings and how your bidd responds to them.

Exactly. It brings you to a post only two above yours that suggests trying to disable beginner mode while connected to your Phantom. Did you try that? Any luck?
(Chuckles)...

Reactions: Oso
The problem was that I couldn't find the proper screen. I had already read what was in this thread when I posted so I didn't need a link back to the same thread. Someone in another thread was kind enough to help with that.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers