Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to destroy Phantom on 1st flight.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by discv, Jul 1, 2014.

1. discv

Simple- don't download and read the manuals. Just undo the box and launch it.

Crash virtually guaranteed.

Post after post- newbies not even trying to read the instructions.

I got to wondering why DJI do not print this warning on the box. But, of course, this epidemic must account for a sizeable chunk of their revenue. Hence nil stock of repair items- 1 month backlog I gather.

2. jerrymac12000

Some people are born dumb. Others have to work at it.

3. jodaddy23

and you left out , whats the best FPV stuff so i can fly 5 miles away and get perfect videos .

4. BigTulsa

I pretty much agree with this assessment. As I've indicated on other posts, as a former RCer (and now current again), I studied this thing from mid April until I purchased one in late May. Instructional tutorials, reading online manuals. Felt like I was ahead of the game when I finally got it. I have had at least 25 incident free flights (well, save for one in the back yard where I grazed a flagpole during a wind gust, but it was only about five feet off the ground at the time).

5. chuddly

Im not saying im perfect but i have also read and re-read the manual and watched videos non stop. I think it helped me a ton with learning about the Phantom before i actually started flying it. The only mishaps i have had are purely my fault (one from forgetting to re-calibrate the compass after changing landing gear) but have all been minor with the worst thing being a tweaked prop.

6. discv

The one that gets me is 'my motors do not arm'

Obviously not having read a word of the manual, forum members then explain 'sticks down and in'

The correct response should be- Read The Bloody Manual

7. Happyflyer

That is almost the same as what I did. Watching all the videos that, you know his name, made before DJI pulled them, were of great value to me. I think it is bad they are not still there on YouTube for new owners that could take advantage of those videos. Yes, there are others, but his were the best.