How to destroy Phantom on 1st flight.

Reaction score
Simple- don't download and read the manuals. Just undo the box and launch it.

Crash virtually guaranteed.

Post after post- newbies not even trying to read the instructions.

I got to wondering why DJI do not print this warning on the box. But, of course, this epidemic must account for a sizeable chunk of their revenue. Hence nil stock of repair items- 1 month backlog I gather.

and you left out , whats the best FPV stuff so i can fly 5 miles away and get perfect videos .

I pretty much agree with this assessment. As I've indicated on other posts, as a former RCer (and now current again), I studied this thing from mid April until I purchased one in late May. Instructional tutorials, reading online manuals. Felt like I was ahead of the game when I finally got it. I have had at least 25 incident free flights (well, save for one in the back yard where I grazed a flagpole during a wind gust, but it was only about five feet off the ground at the time).

Im not saying im perfect but i have also read and re-read the manual and watched videos non stop. I think it helped me a ton with learning about the Phantom before i actually started flying it. The only mishaps i have had are purely my fault (one from forgetting to re-calibrate the compass after changing landing gear) but have all been minor with the worst thing being a tweaked prop.

The one that gets me is 'my motors do not arm'

Obviously not having read a word of the manual, forum members then explain 'sticks down and in'

The correct response should be- Read The Bloody Manual

chuddly said:
Im not saying im perfect but i have also read and re-read the manual and watched videos non stop. I think it helped me a ton with learning about the Phantom before i actually started flying it. The only mishaps i have had are purely my fault (one from forgetting to re-calibrate the compass after changing landing gear) but have all been minor with the worst thing being a tweaked prop.
That is almost the same as what I did. Watching all the videos that, you know his name, made before DJI pulled them, were of great value to me. I think it is bad they are not still there on YouTube for new owners that could take advantage of those videos. Yes, there are others, but his were the best.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj