How to deal with guilt

Reaction score
As you all know, this is a little expensive device. I just bought the PV2+ after doing many days of research, I was almost going to buy the PV2 but after weighing in the factors(I would eventually need a gimbal) decided to buy the plus.
I'm happy with my purchase, but have some serious guilt on spending this much.
I'm justifying it by knowing the resale is always good as long as their is no new version.
At the moment I'm still waiting for my package to be dropped off but boy do I feel guilty. He he.
I'm not broke, but I'm not rich either. I how do you all justify?

Djrichone said:
As you all know, this is a little expensive device. I just bought the PV2+ after doing many days of research, I was almost going to buy the PV2 but after weighing in the factors(I would eventually need a gimbal) decided to buy the plus.
I'm justifying it by knowing the resale is always good as long as their is no new version.
At the moment I'm still waiting for my package to be dropped off but boy do I feel guilty. He he.

I tell myself that they are going to outlaw their use or ban the import of them so i better get one now.

I would have never bought one for myself since I don't like spending money on myself. To my surprise, my wife bought me one and even got me a carrying case and an extra battery! I'm really enjoying it and I think you will also. Don't feel guilty - you only live once :)

Your name kinda implies your wealthy DJRICHONE :lol: ...just kidding. Just think about it like this, any hobby you choose is expensive and they are just things, things that will break over time and wear out but they do provide some enjoyment, just no joy...Sure you could of bought a cheaper quad but then you would want something better like a vision plus...Why buy a honda civic and dump 20,000 into the performance when you could of bought a corvette? You see, I bought the corvette(phantom vision plus) but now I want a ferrari(steadidrone) the want is never enough... http://www.steadidrone.com/drones/steadidrone-qu4d-x :D

Climbing ladders to check gutters is dangerous. So I do it with the P2V+ and only clean them when needed. Its a safety thing.

rrmccabe said:
Climbing ladders to check gutters is dangerous. So I do it with the P2V+ and only clean them when needed. Its a safety thing.
Right you are! Think about the cost of a hospital bill from falling off the ladder, the long term injury, the rehab clinic cost to get off the pain killers... you my friend made a wise decision. Makes that Phantom seem cheap in comparison now doesn't it! :lol:

I work hard and I deserve something nice. Heck I spent $1,500 on some of my wife's purse not so long ago. It's only fair :D

I had put some money aside to purchase an Excalibur Matrix crossbow, but my mother didn't like the idea and neither did my wife. When I told them that I'd decided to spend it on a P2V+ instead they were both very happy. I like making people happy, so no guilt here at all. LOL!

My mum uses this shot we took of her local church as her desktop wallpaper and says that she smiles every time she boots her PC.

What's not to like? :D

Attachments

• mums church.jpg
    mums church.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 760
pb7424 said:
I would have never bought one for myself since I don't like spending money on myself. To my surprise, my wife bought me one and even got me a carrying case and an extra battery! I'm really enjoying it and I think you will also. Don't feel guilty - you only live once :)

PB: I think my tear ducts actually fluttered just a little when I read your post. I can't think of anything more romantic for a woman to do for a man.

I didn't get much grief when I bought the P2V+. But after a mishap required the purchase of a $690 replacement gimbal/camera assembly, questions about "return on investment" popped up but so far she's mostly a fan. This technology has brought me a lot of pleasure. And being an early adopter of neat technology should earn some points on the man card. I agree with you. You only live once. My only advice: make sure you touch "record" and stay away from trees!

Your ointment brand new and expensive could have been saved for the poor, you could have raised maybe 10 gold pieces or more, people who are hungry people who are starving, they matter more...than your..feet and hair..

But it was a Phantom so alls well :)
When you showed the church that songs sprung to mind, but he didn't get it.

Have fun, your allowed lol

Don't think I can help you with the guilt.....it's a feeling and so it just is, and I'm not convinced having a justification for the Phantom will change your feelings.

But, for me there was no way to justify it. $1500 on a toy airplane? Justifiable.....are you crazy?!!!

It's a toy with a mind of its own and it can just decide to fly away! How will you justify it then??!! Read all the posts of those that wrote the check and have nothing now but an empty box and a controller with nothing to control!!

If you think you feel guilty now, wait for that hollow feeling when it disappears and you have no clue where it is.....and for the next month family and friends will ask you how that drone thing is you bought. A daily reminder of how unjustifiable it is.

For me.....it was either I throw the money away or my kids will squander it! Better it should be me that squanders the money.....they can earn and squander their own money! :D

pb7424 said:

Was there an ulterior motive behind her buying it for you...haha... what did you buy for her... :D

DownunderPhantom said:
pb7424 said:

Was there an ulterior motive behind her buying it for you...haha... what did you buy for her... :D

It wasn't that long ago when she got herself a new Apple laptop and wanted to pay for it herself but I told her to keep her money. Guess that paid off :)

rrmccabe said:

I have found that, if it hasn't rained for a few days, you can inspect the gutters AND blow them out at the same time....with some precise piloting of your P2V+! :cool:

If you feel guilty now, just wait till it falls into the lake and all you have is the radio to remember your toy by. :lol:

Djrichone said:

Hi Djrichone,

Just read the guides viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23597&start=90
Understand how it works, fly safe an dont do something stupid with it.

I bought mine since 2 mounths ago, flyied with happiness near 100 batteries... Beautifull machine.
Go on ! Be happy ! You deserve it !

Best regards : Juan
Be happy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31