How to crop, not downsize, 4K video to HD?

Reaction score
I shot 4K video with my P4. Does anyone know of software for Windows that allows me to simply crop the central part of the frame to HD 1080? I want to essentially zoom in to the central part and throw away the outer part. I don't want to resample to downsize the whole picture to HD. I have Adobe Premiere Elements, VLC Player and a couple of others. I suspect Premiere Pro can do it, but don't want to spend the bucks for it.

Try Brorsoft video converter's crop function.

I'm not in front of my office PC right now but I'm pretty sure Wondershare FILMORA does this and it's a good program for "easy" editing tasks. It's not expensive.

Since you have Adobe Premiere Elements, you should have the tools needed to crop the video. I don't use Premiere Elements, but you should be able to apply a crop affect to the video. On the bottom right of the screen, there should be an "Effects" button. Click on it and select "Transform". Once of the transform effects is crop. If you go to YT and search on "Premiere Elements Crop", you should be able to find a tutorial to walk you through how to use the drop effect.

That was then (last July). Now I have the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan including Premiere Pro, which can do all sorts of transformations including cropping as well as speeding up or slowing down the video. When I upgraded from the Adobe CC Photo plan to All Apps, I got it for $29.95 per month, a great price.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl