How to create a QR code

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I recently bought a used Phantom 2 Vision in need of repair. I have fixed all the issues and i finally have the chance to enjoy flying it. I want to thank all of you for your post. I hope my post helps others. I recently called and emailed DJI for a QR code and had no luck getting what i needed, so i figured it out myself. Here you go.

How to create a QR code

Using your smart phone or tablet you need to download the App InSSIDer. The App is something you will have to pay for.

Turn on the controller and the extender, MAKE SURE THE CAMERA IS SWITCHED TO WIFI ON, then turn on the phantom 2

Open the inSSIDer App and under the heading ESSIDS you will see a list of wifi signals. First you will
want to find the signal that has the name “Phantom_xxxxx” click on that signal this is your range extender. Then click on DETAILS in the heading and you will see the Mac Address for the range extender which will look like 60:60:1F:xx:xx:xx. You do not need this address to make your QR code.

Next, under the ESSIDS you want to look for a signal with “NO NAME” there is a signal shown but no name is given. Now click on the “no name” signal and under the DETAILS heading you should see a mac address that reads 60:60:1F:xx:xx:xx . If there is multiple “no name” signals you will want to find the one that starts with 60:60:1F. DJI Addresses start with 60:60:1F.

When you find the “no name” signal that starts with 60:60:1F write it down. This is the mac address of the camera and you will use this later.

Now make a copy of the following and paste it in a notepad file on your desktop:
http://m.dji.net/djivision?1=DJI&2=PHANTOMVISION&3=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&4=FC200_yyyyyy&5=60601Fyyyyyy
The link does not need to be underlined. the forum keeps underlining automatically.

Look on the back of your camera you will see a Serial No. like this AK222028359292 replace the xxxx with your serial number.

Using the mac address that you wrote down earlier of the “no Name” signal replace both the yyyyyy sections with the last six digits of the mac address. You will not use the dots that separate the digits. > :
Mac address example 60:60:1F:00:72:0B you will use : 00720B

Now go to qrstuff.com and #1 leave the bullet marked website. #2 leave the bullet marked static. Copy and PASTE your code in the box #3 click QR code preview or download QR code.

Now you have a QR code when needed. I tried this method and worked perfect.
You may also enter the camera or “no name” mac address in the DJI VISION App. To bind your camera.

Reactions: SpaceCoaster
I tried this and couldn't get it to work. The catch is that an SSID is case sensitive. The last 6 characters of the MAC address at the end of the SSID have to be lower case. Thanks for the detailed write-up.

That what he done,
He just took it a step farther, and created a new QR code, this way you just scan the code to rebind, instead of typing out the 6 digits! Not NEEDED, but cool never the less!
Good Job!

J Dot
:cool:

Take care, Fly safe!

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member