How to create 3D missions on litchi way point

Reaction score
Hi guys this helped me on flying in a new area and not knowing what height to fly the drone as it has a few dips and hills and such. I watched a video and this shows you how to plan a mission in 3D using google earth to automatically adjust the height for you

Screenshot (20).png
Screenshot (21).png
so this was my effort, cant wait to try tomorrow

and the link is

Attachments

• Screenshot (20).png
    Screenshot (20).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 470
  • Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 446
Reactions: Mix_
Litchi Mission Hub basically does the same thing but then the user has to do the error-prone calculations himself.

I've been hoping this feature to be built-in to Litchi as an option.

But even then the elevation data might be incorrect:

In many areas Google Earth uses SRTM (Shuttle Radar Topographic Mapping) data, which offers something like 16m vertical accuracy at 90m horizontal grid spacing. Google Earth doesn't use exclusively SRTM data, and some places augment it with higher-resolution datasets.

Individual points are fairly accurate in most cases where the terrain is fairly flat. In mountainous terrain the elevation data is less accurate because the point you are evaluating is not directly on a measured sample point and Google Earth is interpolating between measured points. If you are measuring a road that is in a canyon with steep walls, you can have some variations from point to point.

Google Groups

http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/Documentation/MIL-PDF-89020B.pdf

Reactions: Neon Euc
Litchi Mission Hub basically does the same thing but then the user has to do the error-prone calculations himself.

I've been hoping this feature to be built-in to Litchi as an option.

But even then the elevation data might be incorrect:

In many areas Google Earth uses SRTM (Shuttle Radar Topographic Mapping) data, which offers something like 16m vertical accuracy at 90m horizontal grid spacing. Google Earth doesn't use exclusively SRTM data, and some places augment it with higher-resolution datasets.

Individual points are fairly accurate in most cases where the terrain is fairly flat. In mountainous terrain the elevation data is less accurate because the point you are evaluating is not directly on a measured sample point and Google Earth is interpolating between measured points. If you are measuring a road that is in a canyon with steep walls, you can have some variations from point to point.

Google Groups

http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/Documentation/MIL-PDF-89020B.pdf
If you are Android user the current beta release of Litchi has the distance relative to ground feature now included. Not available in the hub (in app only) but it's a start.

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: matti and Neon Euc
If you are Android user the current beta release of Litchi has the distance relative to ground feature now included. Not available in the hub (in app only) but it's a start.

Sent from my SM-G928V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Awsome. Had no idea. Thanks for that. As a side note I did get a bit nervous and decided to just set my height at 90 metres and not use elevation unless I really need to. I would rather be up higher and lower the altitude on my next flight. Also do you have a link for that litchi beta as I can't find it in store

Neon Euc

Reactions: InforGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4