Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to correctly import-edit-export 4k footage in Premiere Pro

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lumbra9foto, May 13, 2016.

1. lumbra9foto

Hi guys!! the thing here is that I want to be a contributor in videoblocks and finally started to record in 4K but the problem was after that: in the computer.

You see I use adobe premiere pro but don't know how to import the files correctly, the edition part its not that much of a problem but the export part its a pain in the a**.

So if anyone is contributing to videoblocks or knows how to correctly import and export 4K fottage I'll be pretty grateful!!!

2. Digdat0

so i use Premiere Pro CC 2015 .. and by no means an expert (I suck actually). I don't do anything special to import the files, I use the Assembly area to browse to my files and pick them, it imports into the program. I then move into my timeline and do my work.

When i export, I've been using the "H.264 format" with the preset of "YouTube 2160p 4k". It looks like this:

[​IMG]

This seems to work quite well and YouTube takes it without issue. I dont use VideoBlocks., but their site says that "The majority of our video clips are available in full HD (1920x1080) at 29.97 fps" .. so i assume as long as you hit that mark, you should be fine (but i think thats only HD, not 4k). Here's the link:
    What are the specifications of your vide...

I'm not sure what version of Premiere you use, but it should have some export presets you can chose from.

Hope this helps, i'm totally a Premier noob and am sure others are more knowledgeable. Here's one I uploaded yesterday using these settings, it seems to look okay on Youtube.

#2 Digdat0, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. Michel Rivet

1st thing to do when you record video if in 4K choose the max exemple 4k/24 RAW then it will be easier to edit in premiere pro do not use JPG

4. SimonH78

Have a look at this - Its a superb How to using Adobe Premier !! -

Digdat0 likes this.
  5. cr8it

Hi - I am trying to edit Phantom 4 video in Adobe Premier too. My problem is different, however. My videos load into premier and start to play in Premier. When I watch for a bit suddenly, the video starts flickering and slowing down so that it is not running properly. Anyone have any hints?

6. mnewxcv

that is because to playback smoothly you need a very fast computer and graphics card. In order to edit smoothly without a high end computer, set the preview window to 1/2 or 1/4 (where it says full) and it will lower playback resolution so that it is smooth. The exported file will still be 4k, but during playback it will render a lower resolution so that your computer can manage.

jc15 likes this.