How to correct P2 battery "memory"

Reaction score
I wasn't able to fly for several months and kept my P2 batteries at full charge.

Now they are acting weird and fail around 50%.

How do I fix this? please help!

This type of battery shouldn't have a memory problem like Ncads did. I haven't graphed the discharge rate for DJI batteries, but I would think after being half discharged that the voltage might drop below the set point, somewhat quickly. It depends on what the lowest usuable voltage is, your flying activity and how fast the voltage drops after reaching 50%. But, memory like problems can develop in almost all rechargeable batteries, to some extent.

Have you read the real manual? There is something, in there, about fully discharging a battery. The batteries should be stored with a full charge. I tend to think the full discharge treatment was for certain symptoms after a long storage.

It won't hurt anything to fully discharge your batteries and it very well might fix the problem.

How quickly does it drop after falling to 50%? (No pun intended, but it would have been a good one!)

it takes the same amount of time to drop to 50% but then at like 40% it starts flashing red lights and losing altitude.

I had one battery like yours - unused for a couple of months at full charge.
Completely discharging several times failed to fix it.
DJI advise storing @ 50% charge and that's the way they sell them.
The latest battery firmware will discharge an unused battery to 50% after 10 days.

Same as updating firmware in your Phantom - from Phantom Assistant
It's one of the options shown there.
Just click on the new firmware option that should show in the Upgrade column.
Battery update doesn't work on older batteries with 1.6 firmware.

yes but how does the firmware get relayed to the battery, how do you hook the computer up to the battery?

Battery in drone. Hook up cable from drone to computer turn on drone. Launch App. Go to tab for batts

The batt tab will show you all kinds of info on the batt. Do the same for all your batts. Be sure to shut down the drone close the app. Insert new batt turn on drone launch app and go to the batt tab. Update. Repeat for each batt

The batt tab will show you all kinds of info on the batt. Do the same for all your batts. Be sure to shut down the drone close the app. Insert new batt turn on drone launch app and go to the batt tab. Update. Repeat for each batt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.