Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to correct gimbal not parallel to the ground?

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by Ohary, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Ohary

My H3-3D gimbal is tilted about 5 degrees from the horizon. Is there any way to adjust it (software-wise) so that it's level?

2. Ohary

I guess there is no software solution, so I went caveman on it and bent it back into place. It worked!

3. sethmad

there is a way to reset it (you connect some test points on the black PCB when you power it on) You can find the film on youtube.

4. Waylander

5. Waylander

Hi Ohary
    I like yourself thought that there must be a software solution to the gimbal not being horizontal to the ground. However in the end I made a jig, (I'd seen this on youtube) as you can see in the attached photo, and found that the vertical axis arm was bent, so I tentatively bent it back until I could see it was vertical with a Set Square, put it back on the Phantom, worked the gimbal control on the RC a couple of times and it settled back to a perfectly horizontal plane, job done.
    I suppose if it is out of square, and there is a way of resetting it using software, it will still be bent, and you would only be compensating artificially for the error.

Img_4566.jpg

6. jason

There's one good solution to keep from damaging it again and that is to get longer landing gear or snap on extensions. Less than a quarter inch from the ground means either a damaged gimbal, camera or both.

7. Waylander

Hi Jason
    Yea good idea..! have you got a make, model or supplier you would recommend...
    Regards
    Waylander