How to control Photo/Video file numbering on P4P?

Reaction score
I have a P3P, an Inspire with both X3 and X5 cameras, and now a P4P. Keeping these from creating duplicate file names was easy before. With all the cameras previous to P4P I was able to put a card in the camera with a file name such as DJI_3000.jpg, set reset number mode, shoot a frame which became DJI_3001.jpg and then switch to continuous numbering. All subsequent frames will be numbered from there, 3002, 3003... which allowed me to set ranges for each camera to avoid file duplication. Believe me, with frames from my Vision, Vision+ also all over the hard drive it is a problem. The same technique works on my GoPro on my Tarot and on my Lumix on my S900.

I can't seem to find a way to make this work on my P4P. If you hit reset, it goes to 0001, ignoring numbering on any previous files on the card.

What am I missing?
Thanks in advance, Jim

Found my own answer. You have to edit (in Windows use Notepad, on a Mac use TextEdit) the file name in the four IDX files in the /MISC/IDX directory created when the card is formatted. Simply change the number only. Any other changes corrupt the file.
Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31