How to control a flyaway video tutorial

That sure was a long 5:00 video, I was waiting for an epiphany of some sort all the way through :lol:
You could have just said "try switching to Manual mode, it worked for me on this occasion" .

It's widely accepted that switching to manual mode seems to be the go-to move in the case of a flyaway but not all flyaways are the same anyway so it's certainly not the magic bullet folk infer it to be.

Many fly aways can be traced to a simple human error, usually premature lift off, but you know, as much as it sucks, sometimes gadgets just freak out. My iPhone locked up the other month and I had to hard reset it, it's never done it before and it'll likely never do it again. Sometimes S**t happens and there's nothing you can do. Gremlins in the works :)

Yeah I know it's long, but if it helps one person remember what to do then it's worth posting. Plus I haven't come across any other videos where people have managed to film it happening.

As you say though, a lot of flyaways are caused by human error - the Phantom group on Facebook is full of people who say they had a flyaway then own up to having taken off with 3/4 red lights :lol:

A flyaway is as easy as having reversed controls after a 180 yaw turn. You don't notice it and all of a sudden the quad is zooming away "opposite" to your inputs. I've tried to solve this on my own phantom by adding a very bright led headlight on the battery door so I can tell if its pointing at me (bright white) or away (regular flashing LEDs). Normally you can't really tell which ways its pointing after once its 50m away, and unless you are in home lock the quad may appear to not be responding properly.

The light sounds helpful
so what light did you use? and where did the power come from
thks

I ordered one tks for the tip
Going to create a Y connector to power the light as well as a lipo low voltage alarm which will also help in a (knock on wood) search and recovery mission if ever needed (again) .

Roadkilt said:
A flyaway is as easy as having reversed controls after a 180 yaw turn. You don't notice it and all of a sudden the quad is zooming away "opposite" to your inputs. I've tried to solve this on my own phantom by adding a very bright led headlight on the battery door so I can tell if its pointing at me (bright white) or away (regular flashing LEDs). Normally you can't really tell which ways its pointing after once its 50m away, and unless you are in home lock the quad may appear to not be responding properly.

Very cool idea !!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj