How to Connect a FatShark Attitude SD to Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
I have not been able to find a single youtube vid showing how to connect a FatShark Attitude SD to a DJI Phantom 2 Vision.

Maybe it's too new yet, but I'd like to use a FatShark Attitude SD with a P2V HD built in camera. I wish DJI would also create a video editing program for users to download like GoPro does.

Any suggestions from all you veterans is greatly appreciated.

Judging from the amount of views this thread has received in just a few days, there are many others wanting to know the same thing.

Re: How to Connect a FatShark Attitude SD to Phantom 2 Visio

You can't. FatShark use 5.8GHz and not 2.4GHz as FV for FPV.

Aren't there some goggles out there that have an HDMI plug? If so you could by the iPhone 30-pin or Lightning to HDMI adapters and just plug the goggles into them for POV flying.

W.A.R. said:
Aren't there some goggles out there that have an HDMI plug? If so you could by the iPhone 30-pin or Lightning to HDMI adapters and just plug the goggles into them for POV flying.

I think that you talk about FatShark Dominator HD that aren't yet released.

Some people have reported success using phones with HDMI out and Cinemizer (or similar) home entertainment goggles to get an immersive FPV experience. Expensive, but uses the Vision hardware "as is" without having to mount addition transmitters, etc.

If you want a "proper" immersive FPV experience, though, I'd probably sell on the Vision and go for either a Phantom V1, Phantom 2 (and wait) or a different "open" platform (DJI Flamewheel, TBS Discovery, etc) and utilize the many traditional 5.8 tx/rx options out there - although these are not plug-and-play and require some building and modding.

I have the Phantom 2 already and wanted to use the Fatshark Attitude SD goggles with it but fron what I'm reading here they are not compatible. It comes with a 250mw transmitter so would that still be a conflict with the Phantom 2?

Qwadjok said:
I have the Phantom 2 already and wanted to use the Fatshark Attitude SD goggles with it but fron what I'm reading here they are not compatible. It comes with a 250mw transmitter so would that still be a conflict with the Phantom 2?

250mw is the power output not the frequency. There are fat shark goggle options that don't run off 2.4 or 5.8 that you could probably use with the Phantom Vision, I believe they run on 1.2 or 1.3 ghz frequency.

I'm going to try an Apple Digital AV to HDMI cable, run it from the iPhone to a HDMI to composite converter then into a set of goggles and see how that works. Don't have the goggles yet... maybe this weekend.

Also, considering an AGM 12volt battery to a small 110 inverter to a wide screen monitor... like a 24inch or larger, connected to the HDMI AV cable.

BenDronePilot said:
Qwadjok said:

250mw is the power output not the frequency. There are fat shark goggle options that don't run off 2.4 or 5.8 that you could probably use with the Phantom Vision, I believe they run on 1.2 or 1.3 ghz frequency.

FatShark use 5.8 GHz.

uarts314 said:
ginsonic said:
FatShark use 5.8 GHz.

Or composite video input; is this correct?

Correct. I use the composite input with my S800 EVO which is 5.8GHz but uses different channels to the FatShark.
A lightning -> HDMI -> composite -> Attitudes solution would work fine.

There is all kinds of DIY videos on YouTube on how to connect an FPV to the Phantom 2 using a GoPro and brushless gimbal, but I want to connect it to the Phanton 2 Vision for a totally immersed FPV affect. The Phantom uses a 5.8GHz remote controller and receiver and the Attitude SD's also use 5.8GHz so they should be compatible? Right!

I just njeed to know if anyone knows how to wire the FS transmitter to the quad. I don't have a problem attaching it to the outside with velcro. Also, I'd like to swap out the generic antennas and use the 5.8GHz cloverleafs. Any suggestions?

I'm new to this so far so any help from seasoned FPV'ers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Attachments

• Phantom 2 Vision -5 Degrees 400 x 300.jpg
    Phantom 2 Vision -5 Degrees 400 x 300.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 787

Qwadjok said:
There is all kinds of DIY videos on YouTube on how to connect an FPV to the Phantom 2 using a GoPro and brushless gimbal, but I want to connect it to the Phanton 2 Vision for a totally immersed FPV affect. The Phantom uses a 5.8GHz remote controller and receiver and the Attitude SD's also use 5.8GHz so they should be compatible? Right!

I just njeed to know if anyone knows how to wire the FS transmitter to the quad. I don't have a problem attaching it to the outside with velcro. Also, I'd like to swap out the generic antennas and use the 5.8GHz cloverleafs. Any suggestions?

I'm new to this so far so any help from seasoned FPV'ers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

The P2V uses 5.8GHz as it's control frequency. This is the frequency used by your controller to transmit control requests from the transmitter to the P2V.
The camera on the P2V uses 2.4GHz to send video back to your phone and your phone sends requests back to the camera.

If you use 5.8GHz for video (which would require replacing the camera and eliminating the phone controls), it would interfere with the 5.8GHz control.

Just waking this topic up to see if anyone else has had any success with this?

Have read its possible by using a Lighting to HDMI connector from the Iphone for example - then a HDMI to Composite converter which will then go directly into any Fatshark goggles.

Or is real immersive FPV not really possible with the Vision due to latency?

Qwadjok said:
I have not been able to find a single youtube vid showing how to connect a FatShark Attitude SD to a DJI Phantom 2 Vision.

Maybe it's too new yet, but I'd like to use a FatShark Attitude SD with a P2V HD built in camera. I wish DJI would also create a video editing program for users to download like GoPro does.

Any suggestions from all you veterans is greatly appreciated.

Judging from the amount of views this thread has received in just a few days, there are many others wanting to know the same thing.

You got a lot of hits because your Title looks like its telling people how to hook up the Fatshark Attitude, and not asking a question....use a question mark if your asking a question.

Meluk said:

Have read its possible by using a Lighting to HDMI connector from the Iphone for example - then a HDMI to Composite converter which will then go directly into any Fatshark goggles.

Why not just wait a couple of weeks for the FatShark Dominator HD goggles to come out, they will have a HDMI input so you can connect your iPhone lightning > HDMI cable directly to the goggles without all those converters and composite cables, just one little cable, directly from you phone to the goggles.(phone can be in your shirt pocket) Full FPV with telemetry, and the new goggles have glass optics and a 45º FOV.

F6Rider said:
Meluk said:

Why not just wait a couple of weeks for the FatShark Dominator HD goggles to come out, they will have a HDMI input so you can connect your iPhone lightning > HDMI cable directly to the goggles without all those converters and composite cables, just one little cable, directly from you phone to the goggles.(phone can be in your shirt pocket) Full FPV with telemetry, and the new goggles have glass optics and a 45º FOV.

Yep that is an option. However after just ordering myself the P2V+ and I already have a pair of fatshark predator goggles I was hoping to take a break of spending money, for at least a bit!

The HD fatsharks arnt going to be cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would anyone happen to know if you can use a fat shark cable with the DJI FPV hub and get all stats and image? It seems with the newer gimbal they dont quite work with the hero4, I had the old H3-3D gimbal with the ribon cable and it worked great, then I got the new one that plugs into the back of the camera and no ribon cable and everything comes up except an image, here is a link to the one I bought: Miscellaneous All Hop-Ups, Parts & Upgrades - GoPro to Fat Shark Cased Transmitter (3p JST style) Cable once I pluged it in to where the iosd mini plugs into the FVP hub I then got video but now because the iosd is no longer plugged in I get no stats, no hight, satillights, battery, ect... I now see this cable by fat shark: Miscellaneous All Hop-Ups, Parts & Upgrades - GoPro To TX (5P Molex) if i send the other back and get this, could I plug into the CAN-BUS port and get an image and all the stats? or is there any way to get all on screen info and see FPV from the camera without having to take apart the gimbal and putting a ribbon cable back in? looking for a quick easy cheap fix and I already have the AVL58 so I am not looking to buy another TX from fat shark to make this work if I dont need to. I think it maybe be possible to cut and hard wire but I am not completely sure so if anyone has had this problem and knows of an easy way to fix PLEASE PLEASE tell me!!!!! thanks!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj