Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How to Combine "fatshark attitude" & "phantom 2 vision+ v3"

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Pierre Martin, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Pierre Martin

Hi there all! I am wondering, is it possible to combine the new phantom 2 vision+ v3 with the fatshark attitude? If so, which extra components do I need to buy to get the connection going? Any help is greatly appreciated! THANK YOU! Pierre Martin

2. samd012

Re: How to Combine "fatshark attitude" & "phantom 2 vision+

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Q8VfApiPs[/youtube]

3. CityZen

So you can either pick up the image from your mobile device (like the guy above does), or you can hack in a video transmitter to the P2V+ and pick up the image from the corresponding receiver.
    The latter will have less delay, but the power suck from the transmitter will decrease your flight time a bit.
    There might be an issue with telemetry as well (as in, it might not be there unless you add an OSD device).

4. Pierre Martin

Thanks so much for the extensive answer. Very much appreciated!! The problem in the use of the fatshark seems to be than the fact that it is analogue, resulting in a delay. Is there no digital solution on the market that avoids the reflection of sunlight that you experience when using a ipad as controller outdoors?! I'm asking it since I'm using the drone a lot in the tropics where the use of the ipad is rather difficult. Thanks!!

5. Mako79

Some phones back in the day could do analogue video out, like the Samsung Galaxy S1. It was a 3.5 jack with audio and video to red/yellow/white rca. Unfortunately most phones now use digital MHL cables.

I know that the fatsharks have a 3.5mm analogue input.

What you need to do is find TV-out smart/phone device that is compatible with the DJI app and then make yourself a 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack (has to have audio+video jack). The Fatsharks can now mimic the what the phones sees without delays.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj_DHobn9Uo [/youtube]

I havent looked, but maybe there is a MHL to RCA converter.