How to Clear the Mini-SD Card

THH

Reaction score
We shot footage with our newly acquired P3 Advanced and downloaded the footage to our Mac FC suite. My editor just asked me a question: "I'm not sure what the procedure is for clearing/formatting this specific card (the mini-sd card). SD cards for the Canon cameras have to be cleared using the camera itself. If you try and do it on the computer, it really messes things up. The cards for the Zoom recorders however can be cleared on the computer. So I'm not sure where this one fits in."

Is it okay to clear the card on the Mac, or is there a way to do it while in the drone and is that how we should clear it? Thank you.

For the micro sd card in the drone, format it in the drone after you download your video and pics to your computer.
Ok, with the RC, device and drone all turned on...
In the Go app there are two places that the sd card format sequence can be completed.

The first one is easiest to access, as it resides right at the bottom of the Aircraft Status page.
Remaining Capacity, Format tab, and the number of MB left to record.

The other spot, is found In the camera menu, under the wrench icon. Scroll down, second last entry Format SD Card.

Hope that helps you, to format your sd card in the drone. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Is it okay to clear the card on the Mac, or is there a way to do it while in the drone and is that how we should clear it? Thank you.
It's OK to format the SD card in your computer or the Phantom.
I do it in the computer because it convenient and I've done it hundreds of times without any problem.

Reactions: BarryP and Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.