How to clean ND filters?

OOO

Reaction score
Hi

I have several ND filters for my MP and P4P. I find it very hard to clean them thoroughly. What is the best way to clean these filters?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions!

Lens wipes...........can be got at any pharmacy or anywhere that sells specs. they contain iso-propol alcohol which evaporates quick and does not leave a residue on the lens :)

Reactions: OOO
Yes, I am assuming you are not using gel filters and that they are glass......:)
Rinse them complete. And let them dry thoroughly before you put them away. Just don't use the dry lens clothes. They tend to collect dirt that can scratch the filter.

Hi

I have several ND filters for my MP and P4P. I find it very hard to clean them thoroughly. What is the best way to clean these filters?

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions!

Microfiber cloth and a touch of sprinkled water. Dishwashing liquid could be a little causative or abrasive. My wife calls my collection of microfiber cloths my "security blanket".
Check out the manufacturer's recommendations for cleaning and care for the final word.

Fog from your breath and wiping with a microfiber cloth, maybe a shot from a can of compressed air, is all you should need. Your filters shouldn't be getting very dirty to begin with.

Rinse them complete. And let them dry thoroughly before you put them away. Just don't use the dry lens clothes. They tend to collect dirt that can scratch the filter.

Most tap water is considered " Hard Water" & will leave a slight but noticeable film on the lens if left to air dry. It's best to dry with a soft lint free cloth available at photo shops after washing. Better yet? Buy the lens cleaning kit while your there for professional results. [emoji106]

Reactions: Mr. Salty and OOO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers