How to charge now 5200mAh battery with own charger

Reaction score
According to this test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6AeRKauYkk new Phantom 2 Vision battery charges more than 100 minutes. AFAIK this is standard 3S1P LiPo which is able to charge at least at 1C and most probably 2C as well (since cheapest LiPo's are able to handle this today). Is there a way to connect my iCharger to it to charge it in 30 mins?

Hi ...

personal I dont think so ... reason is that what you call the P2V charger is not really the charger ... It is more or less just an strong Powersupply. The charger circiut is included into the battery. I do not see any change to bybass these without damaging the battery packs ...

When you take a look into your P2V Software you will notice that the Batteries have an Microcontroller included. It is part of the firmware update process. Maybe you send an email to DJI Support and ask them to change the LiPo Charger characteristic with one of the next firmware updates if possible.

cheers,

Nik

So this is either limitation of power supply or integrated charger circuit. And most probably (judging by its size) it is limitation of circuit. But maybe it is possible to mod it so that I'll be able to connect standard charging and balancing wires?

And I can't find any dji support contacts, there is only "Report a problem" form on their website.

poma said:
So this is either limitation of power supply or integrated charger circuit. And most probably (judging by its size) it is limitation of circuit. But maybe it is possible to mod it so that I'll be able to connect standard charging and balancing wires?

And I can't find any dji support contacts, there is only "Report a problem" form on their website.

Well, since the charging/balancing circuitry is in the battery, that's where I think the root issue is. That's what is regulating whether it's charging at 4A, 0.5A for balancing, etc. You'd first have to program it to enable 2C+ charge rates.

Then, whether the power supply can actually deliver 11-12A is another question.

ElGuano said:
You'd first have to program it to enable 2C+ charge rates.

Is it possible? Do you know how to do that?
I was thinking about modding it to bypass integrated circuits and connect directly to my charger.

poma said:
ElGuano said:
You'd first have to program it to enable 2C+ charge rates.

Is it possible? Do you know how to do that?
I was thinking about modding it to bypass integrated circuits and connect directly to my charger.

It probably depends on space available. Assuming it it's a standard lipo foil pouch config with solder tabs, you may be able to do that, but don't forget you need to solder balance wires on too. Think you gotta tear into your battery to find out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20