How to change resolution & frame rate with DJI Go v3.x

Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pilots,

I have been a lurker here for a couple weeks in anticipation of my new P3S, which arrived today. I have flown it twice today and I am IN LOVE. This seems like a great community, and I've already learned a lot, so thank you everybody!

I wanted to make a post to help new users find the resolution and frame rate controls in version 3.1.1 of the DJI Go app. I am new to drones, but not new to image acquisition, and I had a really frustrating time today finding where the resolution and frame rate settings were. I'm making this post to help others who may have the same disconnect.
  • Switch to video mode by tapping the video/photo toggle icon on the right side of the screen above the "take picture" button (the large white circle). If that circle is red, you are already in video mode.
  • Tap the settings icon underneath the red circle. It looks like three sliders with thumbs on them.
  • By default, the exposure tab is shown. This tab has an iris icon. This is where you adjust exposure settings.
  • Tap the icon of the DSLR still image camera. This is where you find video settings.
  • Tap "Video Size". Here you can choose from 2.7k, 1080p, and 720p. On this interface, tapping each of those resolutions gives you your choice of frame rate as well.
Here is a YouTube video I made describing this same thing:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: gaz1969uk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.