How to change phantom name with dji

I put my son's P3 Phantom that I had bought for him up for sale, because we had a deal about his HS grades. He hadn't registered it yet -- I should have made sure that was done, my bad. But he recently registered it, and named it, "Suck my #%}<>~|\{#%>^". IT COULD LITERALLY KILL A RESALE. He's grounded for life, but I'm out of luck! :-(

Soon...
Just have to do the question to the right persons.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,220
Reactions: Digdat0 and EddieM
I put my son's P3 Phantom that I had bought for him up for sale, because we had a deal about his HS grades. He hadn't registered it yet -- I should have made sure that was done, my bad. But he recently registered it, and named it, "Suck my #%}<>~|\{#%>^". IT COULD LITERALLY KILL A RESALE. He's grounded for life, but I'm out of luck! :-(
That's something my 17 yr old would do.

I think i have the worst name :( it is "Choose a name for your aircraft". I dont know how i ended up with that. App crashed while typing the name and when i opened it again it was already set
That totally made me LOL.

With the latest DJI Go version you can now change the name. Connect to the aircraft and change the name under the General Settings / Device Name.

//Tom

Reactions: Ed Oz
LOL - I bought mine used and it is named "Vince's_P3" - whoever Vince is :)

On flight records.. My phantom is named p3. Does anyone know how I can change that name?

Go to the DJI Go app and turn on your Drone & Remote. Then tap camera, then settings at the top right scroll all the way to to bottom option where it says device name and change it.

I had a similar problem as described by several users above, because I decided to name my P3A after I already had done 2 flights. This resulted in 2 lists in my flight log. The one without a name and the rest with the current name of my drone. Here a description how it worked for me to merge the flight records from different drone names - no guarantee!!:
As a prerequisite, you need all flight records as a txt file. Save them on your desktop computer. Then erase the flights in the "wrong" (old) list in the DJI go app of your mobile device (im my case the 2 first flights where the drone was nameless). Close the app an open it again. The whole second list (and in my case the 2 first flights) should be gone. Copy the (in my case 2) txt files from your flights which were done under another drone name back to the tablet/phone and restart the app. Bingo - the two "nameless" flights are now in my current flight list.
Hope this worsk for you as well!
Tschens

It is possible to change name on drone but requires use og ios device and deleting some flight logs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers