how to change Gopro's from a H3-3d mount???

Reaction score
So I have my Gopro 3+black on my phantom 2 with a h3-3d mount. I recently bought a gopro 4 black and want to mount it on the he-3d but I cant take my old gopro off!!! the screws dont come off!!! anyone now how i can get them off???

You'll need a screwdriver that fits the screws snugly without any wiggle.
Then, while pushing the screwdriver very firmly down into the screw (you'll need to brace the cradle for this),
you'll carefully turn it to unscrew it. If you can't turn it with your fingers, you can grip it with pliers for more torque.
The first two steps are important to avoid stripping the screw head.

It should be an allen key rather than a screw driver needed to loosen the bolts holding the GoPro retaining strap in place. If they won't come out with the allen key (included in the H3-3D packaging), get some superglue (brush type dispenser), and brush the smallest amount on the allen key, then put it into the bolt. Hold it there for a few seconds. It should bond them then you can undo it. Use too much superglue and you'll cover the whole gimbal in it. I've watched people learn the hard way :)

When you get it off, use a rubber band to hold the gopro instead of the annoying H3-3d clamp.
If the specs of the GP4 and 3+ are the same, invest in a 3d printed clamp.
https://www.shapeways.com/model/2224302 ... li=ostatus

Also, when you install the gopro 4, you will need the USB part 56 conversion as will NOT work with the rear hero port.
And don't dremel the gimbal to fix the accidental mode button trigger. Use padded tape to create the buffer so it does not trigger the button.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr