How to center tilt lever

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm having trouble with the new tilt function using the rear lever. Here's how I fixed mine. First, find the exact center null point using the calibration program. Then tape the lever securely in place. Drill a small pilot hole through the lever and just barely into the lever's base. Enlarge the hole in the lever only enough to accommodate a small screw. Round off the point of the screw leaving it a little long so you can adjust how much drag you want. Voila! Instant centering detent.

Attachments

• 20141031_163021_resized.jpg
    20141031_163021_resized.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 548
Jetfixer said:
Like everyone else, I'm having trouble with the new tilt function using the rear lever. Here's how I fixed mine. First, find the exact center null point using the calibration program. Then tape the lever securely in place. Drill a small pilot hole through the lever and just barely into the lever's base. Enlarge the hole in the lever only enough to accommodate a small screw. Round off the point of the screw leaving it a little long so you can adjust how much drag you want. Voila! Instant centering detent.

Good short term but with use you will cut a groove into whole base and then center point will be gone again . Maybe DJI will have a fix by then :lol: :roll:

Ok, I’m confused. I thought the latest software update allowed either the lever or the new wheel controller to tilt the camera. I have the lever, updated to assistant 3.6, updated all firmware, updated 2 batteries, and updated the app. When I select new controller in the assistant, my camera points straight out, and the lever does nothing. The up-down on the app does not work. When I select the original controller in assistant, my camera points 45 degrees (as it always did) and the lever does nothing, but the app works. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Geert. It seems I did what I should not have done, and upgraded everything. "Do NOT upgrade the zenmuse gimbal to the latest firmware 1.0.0.6... it will make tilt lever "relative" " Any way to undo this?

Jetfixer said:

Err NO I am not having any problems it works fine.

I did calibration once I installed and it goes from vertical to horizontal fine.

Very please.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20