How to capture flight video that appears on iPhone while flying

Reaction score
I see lots of videos of P3 pilots view from the iPhone screen while in flight. How do you capture that particular view?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Are you referring to the screenshots that show telemetry & such? Or the video that is captured on the device?

Thank you. Happy to belong... I'm referring to the live video feed that appears on the mobile device that provides real time flight data (dji app). I can't figure out how people capture that view. Driving me crazy

Screen shots. :) Push the home button & the power button simultaneously and it will snap a screen shot. You will hear the picture snap & see a flash. It will be in your photos app. Do it right now and try it. ;)

IMG_1822.jpg

I'm referring to actual video, not single screen shots. People are posting video of the flight from the perspective that one has when actually flying the drone looking at their mobile device.

They're using a screen recorder of some sort. I'm not familiar with them, someone will be along to inform you shortly.

Oh OK. With iOS devices it is much harder to record the screen. You can see if 'Shou' is still out there. That was a solution if you are not jailbroken. If you are jailbroken your options are better.

Ahhhh, ok so I'm not crazy; jail broken device makes sense. Thanks

I don't plan on jail breaking my phone, been there done that and it's not worth it. I tried Shou; inherent problem is the fact as soon as you switch over to the dji app, it stops recording.

I read the article, but decided that I prefer not to have another program running in the background while the DJI app is actively tracking my P3. Thanks for your help

I read the article, but decided that I prefer not to have another program running in the background while the DJI app is actively tracking my P3. Thanks for your help

No problem and I don't blame ya.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj